Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Ray - If those are Ford-issued wheels they'll have ID codes stamped near the valve stems, as shown on the Identification Codes tab here: Driveline/Wheels. That way you can find out what the width is.

Thanks Gary, I will check them out tonight.

Last night I did get a chance to check one wheel for Runout. zero runout. So I don't think that one is bent. I will keep checking.

Thanks Gary, I will check them out tonight.

Last night I did get a chance to check one wheel for Runout. zero runout. So I don't think that one is bent. I will keep checking.

Maybe the tires have taken a set from sittin' down in the hollar so long?

Tires can appear normal when up in the air spinning free.

If a tire shop around you has a dynamic load balancer (like a dyno, for tires) you might have them check it out.

If a tire shop around you has a dynamic load balancer (like a dyno, for tires) you might have them check it out.

I think its a real possibility the tires are not perfectly round. Although, they all had 35-40 psi in them, and they had settled about 2"-3" into the mud. So they were not sitting on a flat surface. They were well cradled in the turf.

You guys think the tires would straighten out over time driving it? Or do they stay out of round once they get that way?

I think its a real possibility the tires are not perfectly round. Although, they all had 35-40 psi in them, and they had settled about 2"-3" into the mud. So they were not sitting on a flat surface. They were well cradled in the turf.

You guys think the tires would straighten out over time driving it? Or do they stay out of round once they get that way?

Hey yall, the grill on little blue might look okay in the pics, but its pretty beat up, missing mounting tabs and has cracks. I am going to need another grill, valance panel, and the aluminum trim piece between the grill and valance panel.

If anyone has anything let me know. I can always order new, but let me know what you have and are willing to part with. I am undecided on the 80/81 grill. I like the oval, but I think the 80/81 looks great too! I already have the 80/81 clear blinkers....

Hey yall, the grill on little blue might look okay in the pics, but its pretty beat up, missing mounting tabs and has cracks. I am going to need another grill, valance panel, and the aluminum trim piece between the grill and valance panel.

If anyone has anything let me know. I can always order new, but let me know what you have and are willing to part with. I am undecided on the 80/81 grill. I like the oval, but I think the 80/81 looks great too! I already have the 80/81 clear blinkers....

Not sure, but I probably have the valance panel. And maybe some other things. Check it out next week.

As for the tires, they may round out, but may not. Only time will tell.

Not sure, but I probably have the valance panel. And maybe some other things. Check it out next week.

Thanks Gary! I found a guy on the H.A.M.B. who bought an old tire shaving machine!!! Man I wish I had one of those!!!

Thanks Gary! I found a guy on the H.A.M.B. who bought an old tire shaving machine!!! Man I wish I had one of those!!!

Drove little blue to Dollar General last night. Came back out and it was puking coolant. Only two miles to the house, so I drove it back. After inspection, looks like a water pump bolt, or the seal on the pump shaft has failed and its coming out the weep hole.

I knew I should have put a new pump on while I was in there.

Luckily, a water pump on a 300 is easy peazy!!

Drove little blue to Dollar General last night. Came back out and it was puking coolant. Only two miles to the house, so I drove it back. After inspection, looks like a water pump bolt, or the seal on the pump shaft has failed and its coming out the weep hole.

I knew I should have put a new pump on while I was in there.

Luckily, a water pump on a 300 is easy peazy!!

Things like this are why I go back NEW when I'm in there. But, that makes the cost of fixing things much more EXPENSIVE. So there's a trade off. So I don't know the "right" way. Just my way.

Anyway, hope the bolts come out in tact.

Things like this are why I go back NEW when I'm in there. But, that makes the cost of fixing things much more EXPENSIVE. So there's a trade off. So I don't know the "right" way. Just my way.

I had the pump out. Inspected it. Shaft felt good, bearings smooth and impeller looked good. Bolts came out just fine.

I won't get to this before I come down there to OK Gary. So, I will have something to look forward to when I get home. Water pump, cross member swap, front bumper install, possibly a different grill.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pump out. Inspected it. Shaft felt good, bearings smooth and impeller looked good. Bolts came out just fine.

I won't get to this before I come down there to OK Gary. So, I will have something to look forward to when I get home. Water pump, cross member swap, front bumper install, possibly a different grill.

I've been AWOL because I went to Tulsa. Had plans to go see Gary, but the disaster I walked into at my rental property did not allow the time for me to go by Gary's place.

I arrived in OK on Monday night last week. Worked 4 hours on the house after driving 11 hours to get there. Tuesday through Saturday I put in 15 hours a day. $6,000 in rehab costs later, I finally have it listed for sale and have a realtor handling it.

I will get back to Little Blue hopefully this weekend. I want to start daily driving it!!!