Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Yea I know my site is down, think I have to renew my domain name from what my "IT guy" (my son) said.

The domain name & hosting are 2 different people and I cant log into the domain site to check things so need to call them someday, maybe today?

I will have to re-check my hitch to see if the center can be flipped to get it a little higher.

Then again I should measure the hitch on my Dodge that I use to pull the car trailer to see what it is as I would be using the Ford as a back up when needed but only have 1 WD hitch with a 2-5/16" ball and it is set for the dodge height.

Dave ----

20190418_194930.jpg.c5791248b82dd3f227f431d4a2a4021a.jpg

In this image, you can see the bolts that hold the center section to the frame brackets. Three bolts per side. Unbolt, flip, reinstall, and the reciever would sit higher.

In this image, you can see the bolts that hold the center section to the frame brackets. Three bolts per side. Unbolt, flip, reinstall, and the reciever would sit higher.

OK now I see what you are talking about of that center section.

20190302_164810.jpg.021979e0284526ac755db0f25c0cf2e9.jpg

Reese_Hitch_part__37096_003.jpg.dc59951e39ace99d47c01dc225faf1d6.jpg

Dave ----

OK now I see what you are talking about of that center section.

Dave ----

I woke up this morning thinking about the carb, intake and exhaust.

I think the plan will be to stick with the original manifolds for now. Clean them up. Ill see if this carb can work without the egr installed, and cali junk. If so, I will run it for awhile, so long as it runs good. Will remove the cat, so it doesnt get plugged up.

That plan would save $1000 for the time being. The HEI should get it running well, so long as I have all other things in ship shape.

Then I can rely on it while fixing up dads truck, and getting the Impala back togather too.

I woke up this morning thinking about the carb, intake and exhaust.

I think the plan will be to stick with the original manifolds for now. Clean them up. Ill see if this carb can work without the egr installed, and cali junk. If so, I will run it for awhile, so long as it runs good. Will remove the cat, so it doesnt get plugged up.

That plan would save $1000 for the time being. The HEI should get it running well, so long as I have all other things in ship shape.

Then I can rely on it while fixing up dads truck, and getting the Impala back togather too.

Sounds like a cheaper plan.

The real reason I went with the EFI manifolds is my motor cam from something unknown. In order to hook up the exh. I wanted to replace the head pipe and got one for my 81 300 six, yep did not fix.

I was lucky a member on another forum had the EFI manifolds and I had a radiator he needed for his project so we did a swap.

The only way to get the Y pipe now days is with the cat, that is how I had to look it up as there was no listing for the EFI Y pipe other wise.

Using the almost new exh system from my parts truck I was short about 1' from Y pipe (no cat) to the factory mid pipe. A trip to the parts store got the Y pipe and rest of the system hooked up.

You can hardly hear the truck running with the stock exh system but I could not bring my self to not use the parts truck system when you have little money for the project.

What is nice is I can get any part for this truck at any parts store as it is all factory parts just need to know the year, EFI Y pipe and the AC when I get it put together.

Dave ----

Sounds like a cheaper plan.

The real reason I went with the EFI manifolds is my motor cam from something unknown. In order to hook up the exh. I wanted to replace the head pipe and got one for my 81 300 six, yep did not fix.

I was lucky a member on another forum had the EFI manifolds and I had a radiator he needed for his project so we did a swap.

The only way to get the Y pipe now days is with the cat, that is how I had to look it up as there was no listing for the EFI Y pipe other wise.

Using the almost new exh system from my parts truck I was short about 1' from Y pipe (no cat) to the factory mid pipe. A trip to the parts store got the Y pipe and rest of the system hooked up.

You can hardly hear the truck running with the stock exh system but I could not bring my self to not use the parts truck system when you have little money for the project.

What is nice is I can get any part for this truck at any parts store as it is all factory parts just need to know the year, EFI Y pipe and the AC when I get it put together.

Dave ----

I'll probably change my mind 20 times on this engine...so, yall just get used to rollin your eyes.

Okay...so this is what I got done tonight.Removed radiator and hoses.Removed fan.Removed heater hoses and broke the heater core. The nipple for the hose cam right out of the core as I tried pulling the hose off....Removed valve cover.Removed distributor.Set #1 cylinder to TDC.Removed california high altitude emissions garbage, wire harness, vac lines, egr, computer etc. Removed alternator.Removed power steering pump.Next up is cleaning/degreasing and waiting on parts to arrive.20190421_200431.jpg.b824ddc22b7d818e5646d13dbd9d3fc1.jpg20190421_200334.jpg.7e2c368e395bb1b13de62ade3a09a2c2.jpg

I have a couple questions. There is a 4 port vacuum valve on the thermostat housing going to the heater core circuit. Im assuming this is a heater contorl valve. Or was this some some of contraption related to the emissions system? You can see it in this photo.20190421_190843.jpg.fddd35a0ab9caef32720b9d1c6e887da.jpg

I have a couple questions. There is a 4 port vacuum valve on the thermostat housing going to the heater core circuit. Im assuming this is a heater contorl valve. Or was this some some of contraption related to the emissions system?

You can see it in this photo.

And an intake question. There are two bolts near the carb mounting flange oriented in the vertical position. Do these two bolts tie the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold?

And an intake question. There are two bolts near the carb mounting flange oriented in the vertical position. Do these two bolts tie the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold?

Sorry for another question, ut was thinking of getting a new one barrel carter carb....

Which manufacturer or rebuild house sells the best carb? So many remans and new ones too!

Also, I found an illustration of the intake assembly. Looks like it shows one of those two bolts I asked about above. Also shows a carb spacer, which I dont have. The egr valve was sitting there. Guess I need to find one of those now too.