Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Gary, HA! You old dinosaur!!

I understand though. If I get annoyed with it, I will change it. But the chevy is stock and quiet as a mouse, I need something to make me fit in out here. Seriously, the guy 2 doors down has about 25 trucks sitting in his yard. Open headers on half of them, mud pulls an 1/8th mile mud pit in his back acreage. Beers and bikinis once a year. MURICA!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Glasspacks probably aren't too harsh on the 300/6 are they? I honestly haven't heard a glasspack in years.

I really wanted to run Flowmaster 40 series, but they were just not cooperating with me and my old F150. The drone in the cab was just too much. I can't remember if it was Gary that convinced me or not...maybe it was just a coincidence but the shop that installed my duals sold Magnaflows, and I've really grown to like the sound of them, and I've gotten lots of compliments on the sound of the truck.

I would actually like some more sound out of the truck, but I'd have to put some work into sound proofing the cab before doing so...project for another winter I suppose;).

Glasspacks probably aren't too harsh on the 300/6 are they? I honestly haven't heard a glasspack in years.

I really wanted to run Flowmaster 40 series, but they were just not cooperating with me and my old F150. The drone in the cab was just too much. I can't remember if it was Gary that convinced me or not...maybe it was just a coincidence but the shop that installed my duals sold Magnaflows, and I've really grown to like the sound of them, and I've gotten lots of compliments on the sound of the truck.

I would actually like some more sound out of the truck, but I'd have to put some work into sound proofing the cab before doing so...project for another winter I suppose;).

Hey Cory, yeah I just dont know, so I am experimenting. I do know that this little flareside sounds like a single axle dump truck right now with open headers.

Yall remember the dodge little red express....hmmmmm...what about a 3" stack coming through the bed? REDNECK AS ALL GIT OUT...

Right now its two 2.5" dual exhaust with xpipe. Im really curious to run it with just the xpipe installed to see how it changes.

Hey Cory, yeah I just dont know, so I am experimenting. I do know that this little flareside sounds like a single axle dump truck right now with open headers.

Yall remember the dodge little red express....hmmmmm...what about a 3" stack coming through the bed? REDNECK AS ALL GIT OUT...

Right now its two 2.5" dual exhaust with xpipe. Im really curious to run it with just the xpipe installed to see how it changes.

Try running true duals.

Triples have an odd cadence.

Used to have a '65 Dodge powerwagon mason dump with the 6.

I know exactly the sound you describe.

Try running true duals.

Triples have an odd cadence.

Used to have a '65 Dodge powerwagon mason dump with the 6.

I know exactly the sound you describe.

What do you mean triples?

Isnt two 2.5" duals with an xpipe "true duals". Or do you mean without the xpipe?

What do you mean triples?

Isnt two 2.5" duals with an xpipe "true duals". Or do you mean without the xpipe?

Three cylinder engines.

I'm assuming you have efi manifolds?

Yes, without the crossover the exhaust note is odd and very different.

And they howl when wound up.

Some of the newer (Hinkley) generation Triumph motorcycles are a good example of this.

You can find sound clips on YouTube

Three cylinder engines.

I'm assuming you have efi manifolds?

Yes, without the crossover the exhaust note is odd and very different.

And they howl when wound up.

Some of the newer (Hinkley) generation Triumph motorcycles are a good example of this.

Headman long tube header. I see what you mean now by triple.

Tonight I am stopping to get some 2.5" exhaust tube. I will get the xpipe installed and see what I need from there.

Rusty, with his built 351M, had a Flushmaster 40. It sounded awful. I'd ordered in the Magnaflow, and at one of the GTG's we drove it, noted how awful it was, and then installed the Magnaflow and drove it again. Everyone liked it. Much smoother, very mellow, and no droning. I was sold.

Headman long tube header. I see what you mean now by triple.

Tonight I am stopping to get some 2.5" exhaust tube. I will get the xpipe installed and see what I need from there.

Do you have a tube bender Ray?

Are you going to make your system entirely out of fittings?

I've owned two of them. I had both a Sprint and a Tiger, both 1050 triples. They sounded really cool, and unlike anything else.

I've owned two of them. I had both a Sprint and a Tiger, both 1050 triples. They sounded really cool, and unlike anything else.

I had a big **black 1998 NOT the 1050** Speed Triple converted to a large single headlamp.(think GS 1150/Seca 650)

The Akripovic race pipe on that thing was a banshee wail from the pits of hell.