Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

I give up on this youtube embeding bull butter.

Ray - Here's the way I do it:

1. Tick the Message is in HTML Format box above

2. Go to the Youtube video and hit the Share button

3: You'll get a pop up, and hit the Embed button

4. Copy the embed code, that will look this this but with a < before it and a > after it: iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X98iu91Gtpk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen

5. Paste that into the post. But note that when you are in HTML format you don't get line feeds and other things, so you probably don't want to do more than post the video.

Ray - Here's the way I do it:

1. Tick the Message is in HTML Format box above

2. Go to the Youtube video and hit the Share button

3: You'll get a pop up, and hit the Embed button

4. Copy the embed code, that will look this this but with a after it: iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X98iu91Gtpk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen

5. Paste that into the post. But note that when you are in HTML format you don't get line feeds and other things, so you probably don't want to do more than post the video.

AhhhSo you have to indicate message is in html and then use the embed button in the toolbar to post the link given by YouTube?I'm getting closer to figuring out this nabble thingie. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Ahhh

So you have to indicate message is in html and then use the embed button in the toolbar to post the link given by YouTube?

I'm getting closer to figuring out this nabble thingie. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I don't use the embed button in the toolbar. I use the embed button on Youtube to get an iframe set of code. Here are the steps I do, visually, after ticking the HTML box above:

Youtube_Share.thumb.jpg.0c4cc53ca24ff5682ff8f5aacfe762d6.jpg

Youtube_Embed.thumb.jpg.a4c5b221f8336264c72cb0841121137f.jpg

Youtube_Embed_Code.jpg.aeabab4926351397e072ed432ed1ac3f.jpg

I don't use the embed button in the toolbar. I use the embed button on Youtube to get an iframe set of code. Here are the steps I do, visually, after ticking the HTML box above:

Hmmmm....I dont see that option on youtube on my phone. Ive seen it on a pc, but not on my phone....

Hmmmm....I dont see that option on youtube on my phone. Ive seen it on a pc, but not on my phone....

We have a bit about embedding on the Forum FAQ’s: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/forum-faqs.html. Perhaps it isn’t explanatory enough? Does it need more on Youtube? Perhaps info on how to get the two different codes, depending on what device you are using?

Jim/Ray - Can you take a look and let me know?

We have a bit about embedding on the Forum FAQ’s: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/forum-faqs.html. Perhaps it isn’t explanatory enough? Does it need more on Youtube? Perhaps info on how to get the two different codes, depending on what device you are using?

Jim/Ray - Can you take a look and let me know?

Gary, on an android device while in the YouTube app and viewing a video there is an option to 'share' (arc shaped arrow) within that is the option 'save link' which then gives you the character string that Ray and I have tried to 'embed' using the button supplied by Nabble.

We are not presented with the embed option you show while on YouTube.

Must be a Alphabet/Google thing as they own both Android and YouTube.

Gary, on an android device while in the YouTube app and viewing a video there is an option to 'share' (arc shaped arrow) within that is the option 'save link' which then gives you the character string that Ray and I have tried to 'embed' using the button supplied by Nabble.

We are not presented with the embed option you show while on YouTube.

Must be a Alphabet/Google thing as they own both Android and YouTube.

Well, I have got the engine, oil pan, and lifter cover painted. Tonight I will re-install the oil pan and lifter cover so I can procede to reassemble the engine.

I need to either burn off or chemically remover the header paint, and apply the high temp stuff.

Still need to clean the factory intake manifold and decide what color I want it.

Now come the fun part. Putting all the new goodies back on. Ill need to take it to get the exhaust done too, that'll be a trailer ride probably.

Well, I have got the engine, oil pan, and lifter cover painted. Tonight I will re-install the oil pan and lifter cover so I can procede to reassemble the engine.

I need to either burn off or chemically remover the header paint, and apply the high temp stuff.

Still need to clean the factory intake manifold and decide what color I want it.

Now come the fun part. Putting all the new goodies back on. Ill need to take it to get the exhaust done too, that'll be a trailer ride probably.

Last night I experimented with removing the anti rust header paint that hedman puts on their headers.

Steel wool and acetone worked great, but you clog up your steel wool really fast with gooey paint.

Heat worked the best with the least effort. I have a propane tank and the harbor frieght torch with click ignitor. Do it outside and make sure you are not inhaling fumes. The steel needs to heat up a bit before the paint will ignite. Once the paint ignites it burns off. Take a rag and some acetone after the header has cooled to finish getting the charred paint remains off.

Or, if you have a sand blaster big enough, that would work too. But the 300 six header is likely to not fit inside most blast cabinets.

Last night I experimented with removing the anti rust header paint that hedman puts on their headers.

Steel wool and acetone worked great, but you clog up your steel wool really fast with gooey paint.

Heat worked the best with the least effort. I have a propane tank and the harbor frieght torch with click ignitor. Do it outside and make sure you are not inhaling fumes. The steel needs to heat up a bit before the paint will ignite. Once the paint ignites it burns off. Take a rag and some acetone after the header has cooled to finish getting the charred paint remains off.

Or, if you have a sand blaster big enough, that would work too. But the 300 six header is likely to not fit inside most blast cabinets.

Good tip. But you might want to go back over the headers with your steel wool before painting. My experience with rags or paper towels to clean parts is that they leave fibers sticking to the metal that then stick up during the paint job. I don't know how I miss them, but the paint seems to make them stand to attention.