Bullnose Forums

81 F100 AC wiring harness ??

FuzzFace2

I have a 81 F100 300 six/T18 non-AC.

I am using a wiring harness from the same year/motor truck that has AC as I added all the AC parts to this truck.

The parts truck had some of the wires cut when they removed the radio and thought they were for it.

When I asked on the other forum https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1509049-questions-on-cut-wires.html no one could find the wires for the colors given.

6 heavy wires: radio wires??

2 have ends = 1 brown/white stripe plugged in to main harness,

other brown/orange stripe plugged in to main harness

2 brown/white stripe = cut?

1 brown/orange stripe = cut?

1 green/purple dash = cut?

20170924_100320.thumb.jpg.1b6b679a9e7a4bf65cafa1a813b1428c.jpg

A little more digging and looking over my non-AC harness to see if I could find them and came across this

20171015_154533.jpg.14b41ef7e2e4d72295dcbca5f38f217a.jpg

when I traced out the cut wires I then found it was for the AC as the harness passes thru the firewall with 2 wires (compressor & fast idle sol).

It looks like they unplug the 2 wires and plug in this AC harness thing is I do not know what the cut wires go to??

I checked the HVAC panels and there is nothing the cut wires would go to. I do have the plugs for blower motor & duel tanks.

Could this be for a radio as it was removed from the parts truck and it looks like the project truck was a radio delete as I did not find factory speaker wires, I did find them (cut also) on the parts truck harness.

Thanks

Dave ----

If I can remember, I'll look in my '82,

Pete if you could that would really help....I hope.

Some one posted a link to "A/C & Heater - ???Gary's Garagemahal" page 142.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/ac--heater.html

Looking it over and if I am reading it right the non-AC harness has that loop (see picture above) with the plug. I think that is C606 & C606A br/o wires.

When you plug in this AC harness between that loop, it has S603 that taps into the br/o with a br/w and think gr/p having all 3 color wires coming out.

Now what throws me is the "AC/Heater function selector switch?

Do you unplug the non-AC fan switch and this AC harness has it's own fan switch plug that ties in this harness or what?

I ask because I still have all the br/w cut wires and I don't know what/where they go?

I should also pull out the 2 AC control panels I have and see if the fan switch has the same plug as what I have in the truck and if not that would explain all the br/w wires.

Also I would need to see page 151 for the switch pin out I guess.

Thanks guys

Dave ----

Pete if you could that would really help....I hope.

Some one posted a link to "A/C & Heater - ???Gary's Garagemahal" page 142.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/ac--heater.html

Looking it over and if I am reading it right the non-AC harness has that loop (see picture above) with the plug. I think that is C606 & C606A br/o wires.

When you plug in this AC harness between that loop, it has S603 that taps into the br/o with a br/w and think gr/p having all 3 color wires coming out.

Now what throws me is the "AC/Heater function selector switch?

Do you unplug the non-AC fan switch and this AC harness has it's own fan switch plug that ties in this harness or what?

I ask because I still have all the br/w cut wires and I don't know what/where they go?

I should also pull out the 2 AC control panels I have and see if the fan switch has the same plug as what I have in the truck and if not that would explain all the br/w wires.

Also I would need to see page 151 for the switch pin out I guess.

Thanks guys

Dave ----

I looked a bit today and didn't see hose wires. I'll look again. I have the dash apart for coloring, so I thought I would see them.

I looked a bit today and didn't see hose wires. I'll look again. I have the dash apart for coloring, so I thought I would see them.

It is hard to see where it is from my picture but it would be behind where the radio would be.

20170924_100110.jpg.7dba300a81f27ea590fca7b1183c1369.jpg

You can just make it out in the upper opening.

Don't mind the cut wires on the right outside the dash as they are for speakers.

Also if in that area would you know what wires feed the radio? When I add a radio I would like to use the factory wires if I can.

No rush, I have a lot of other things to keep me busy.

Thanks,

Dave ----

It is hard to see where it is from my picture but it would be behind where the radio would be.

You can just make it out in the upper opening.

Don't mind the cut wires on the right outside the dash as they are for speakers.

Also if in that area would you know what wires feed the radio? When I add a radio I would like to use the factory wires if I can.

No rush, I have a lot of other things to keep me busy.

Thanks,

Dave ----

My radio is out for coloring of the dash. I'll look again.

dash_painting.jpg.26ab554920ef1d147e00ada68325768b.jpg

I looked again today, don't see that large green wire for sure. But here is the wiring for the factory radio.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/radios.html

Thanks for the radio information when I get to that point it will be needed.

That green wire is in the AC harness with all the brown/white wires and does not go to the radio.

That green wire goes to the psi switch on the system then turns to black going out to the compressor.

I am going to dig out all my HVAC control panels and check the fan switches.

I got a feeling that there maybe a different switch for the AC system and there should be a plug on all the cut wires to pull in the compressor when the AC is turned on.

Thanks for your help and the hunt goes on!

Dave ----

Thanks for the radio information when I get to that point it will be needed.

That green wire is in the AC harness with all the brown/white wires and does not go to the radio.

That green wire goes to the psi switch on the system then turns to black going out to the compressor.

I am going to dig out all my HVAC control panels and check the fan switches.

I got a feeling that there maybe a different switch for the AC system and there should be a plug on all the cut wires to pull in the compressor when the AC is turned on.

Thanks for your help and the hunt goes on!

Dave ----

Ok I "think" I may have found the answer I need on the cut wires of all places LMC site.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=141

It looks like the fan switch is the same for AC and non-AC systems as does the plug/pig tail.

My thinking has been and still is you un-plug the BR/OR looped wires and plug this AC harness in to the 2 looped wires.

The AC harness has a fan switch plug that after unplugging the non-AC plug from the fan switch you now plug this AC plug into the fan switch.

If this is so, still need someone to confirm the 2 plugs, I can buy a new pig tail and splice it onto the wires but brings up another question.

What is the pin out of the wires to the switch?

Anyone have that other page (page 151?) in the link for the switch pin out and does it include the AC harness?

Thanks

Dave ----