Bullnose Forums

E4OD For Dad’s Truck

....The only downside is that this box is also USB, and with the Direct Flash cable and the dongle the PC needs to have three USB ports. Unfortunately this laptop only has two, but Adam told me about inexpensive laptops that have 3, so that should be simple....

Simpler and cheaper yet, there are boxes that plug into a USB port and give you three ports.

That's what I use when datalogging, I have a 4 USB port external adapter, MacBooks only used to have 2 USB ports.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not LS, older LT1, the one with the distributor behind the water pump and driven by the camshaft. I didn't say it wasn't but it was what Pete Medlin wanted and helping him 6 or 7 years ago when he was building it was fun and beneficial. He made it look like a GT350 cosmetically.

Ray - Got the email and will check the file out. Thanks!

As for shipping, please take your time. I have more on my hands with the huck than I know what to do with, and Jim's 3-tote and a crossmember shipment comes in today. So I'm seriously snowed under and couldn't use the stuff now anyway.

And I did understand that I needed to hook the O/D switch up. But I didn't realize that the OBD-II port is part of the cab wiring, although that makes sense as I think of it. And, I'm guessing that the shift lever mounted O/D switch and wiring is part of the cab wiring as well. So, when I do head to the salvage I'll need to get the OBD-II connector and probably quite a bit of the cab wiring, as well as maybe the shift lever and switch itself. And, the transmission sub-harness from a 4wd vehicle.

Thanks. And have a good trip! But, maybe the pic first? :nabble_smiley_evil:

That's what I use when datalogging, I have a 4 USB port external adapter, MacBooks only used to have 2 USB ports.

Bill - Maybe then you can answer a question I had for Adam or Ben: Does their dongle work with a USB splitter? It seems like it does from what you are saying, but some dongles in the past haven't, so I needed to ask.

Ray - Got the email and will check the file out. Thanks!

As for shipping, please take your time. I have more on my hands with the huck than I know what to do with, and Jim's 3-tote and a crossmember shipment comes in today. So I'm seriously snowed under and couldn't use the stuff now anyway.

And I did understand that I needed to hook the O/D switch up. But I didn't realize that the OBD-II port is part of the cab wiring, although that makes sense as I think of it. And, I'm guessing that the shift lever mounted O/D switch and wiring is part of the cab wiring as well. So, when I do head to the salvage I'll need to get the OBD-II connector and probably quite a bit of the cab wiring, as well as maybe the shift lever and switch itself. And, the transmission sub-harness from a 4wd vehicle.

Thanks. And have a good trip! But, maybe the pic first? :nabble_smiley_evil:

And here are some pics.

First, the bundle of snakes in it's entirety.

20171109_103753.jpg.5c23247cf3ba7bbef2a650ef58801709.jpg

Next, the wiring that extends over the rad cradle to the right side. The module in this pic is a daytime running light module. This may be unique to the Canadian market and of course, this harness includes all the front light wiring.

20171109_103822.jpg.0b8a59444603c9ea63ca93fd4d1bb077.jpg

And finally, the business end.

20171109_103841.jpg.76cc2a283007deb3c193d9e240d595c7.jpg

What you are seeing in this pic includes the power distribution center, firewall connector, PCM connector, (C1072), etc. The engine harness connector, (C101), is mounted to the power distribution box bracket. The transmission connector, (C103) is the pigtail with the square 16 pin connector just off the power distribution box. Of course, there are several other connectors and the ICM.

As to the 4WD wire, this is ckt 784, (LB/BK). It shares C103 with the transmission and there is indeed a wire in pin 6 of this connector which is LB/BK.

And here are some pics.

Next, the wiring that extends over the rad cradle to the right side. The module in this pic is a daytime running light module. This may be unique to the Canadian market and of course, this harness includes all the front light wiring.

What you are seeing in this pic includes the power distribution center, firewall connector, PCM connector, (C1072), etc. The engine harness connector, (C101), is mounted to the power distribution box bracket. The transmission connector, (C103) is the pigtail with the square 16 pin connector just off the power distribution box. Of course, there are several other connectors and the ICM.

As to the 4WD wire, this is ckt 784, (LB/BK). It shares C103 with the transmission and there is indeed a wire in pin 6 of this connector which is LB/BK.

Ray - What's that white stuff? Are you at the beach? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Anyway, I'm not up with you on the connector numbering yet as I'm just now getting to the "EVTM" schematics. (Bill - I'm still interested in scanning your '96 version.) But, I get the gist of it.

And, the LB/BK wire is a winner! As shown below, there are two wires from the t-case. The light blue wire lights the 4x4 indicator and the light blue/black wire both lights the low range light as well as signals to the PCM (Engine Controls) that we aren't going to go very fast.

Transfer_Case_Schematic.thumb.jpg.6a10eb76c7565609bbf63eadaf4e8c74.jpg

And, here's what the BW1356 on the 1990 huck has: :nabble_smiley_grin:

1990_BW1356_Connections.thumb.jpg.f5bc12f6d432906e4299e4765ff9ff9a.jpg

And here are some pics.

You might want to hang on to the DRL module, they are NLA from Ford and unless Gary wants that feature, I have a couple of US market jumper plugs to replace it.

I suspected the 4WD stuff would be there, every later harness I have seen does.

Bill - Maybe then you can answer a question I had for Adam or Ben: Does their dongle work with a USB splitter? It seems like it does from what you are saying, but some dongles in the past haven't, so I needed to ask.

Yes it does, I have a 4 into 1 USB adapter, the only problem I ever had was with my datalogging, the Inovate had to be on it's own USB port.

Yes it does, I have a 4 into 1 USB adapter, the only problem I ever had was with my datalogging, the Inovate had to be on it's own USB port.

I'm not sure if you are telling Ray or me to hang onto the DRL module, but I sure don't need it so he might as well. Which means I'll need the jumpers, either from you or from the salvage I'm sure to frequent. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So, your Innovate goes directly to your PC? My AEM will apparently have to go through a A/D converter and then to the computer. Or, at least I think that is what Adam was saying. But I need to read up on the AEM so I understand.

But, I'm glad the dongle works via the adapter as I'm going with a Microsoft Surface Pro, and it only has one USB port. My big laptop has two ports, but I'd rather use the tablet due to its smaller size.

I'm not sure if you are telling Ray or me to hang onto the DRL module, but I sure don't need it so he might as well. Which means I'll need the jumpers, either from you or from the salvage I'm sure to frequent. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So, your Innovate goes directly to your PC? My AEM will apparently have to go through a A/D converter and then to the computer. Or, at least I think that is what Adam was saying. But I need to read up on the AEM so I understand.

But, I'm glad the dongle works via the adapter as I'm going with a Microsoft Surface Pro, and it only has one USB port. My big laptop has two ports, but I'd rather use the tablet due to its smaller size.

When I talked to Tim on Monday evening he suggested I talk with Harold Miller of Trick Flow about my plans. I called him about 1 PM on Tuesday and left a message but haven't heard. So I called again this morning and was told he was gone at the moment but was to be back in 10 minutes and they would ensure he calls today if I'd leave another message. I did, and nada. I wish there was another company that has an intake that would do the job. :nabble_smiley_cry: