Bullnose Forums

E4OD For Dad’s Truck

Good to know, Bill. I'll probably get one of those. However, after today's experience with Big Blue pinging, I'm not sure I want to increase the compression.

Anyway, I got the donor truck with the E4OD on the lift. Here's a pic - boy is the body battered:

Here's a shot of the BW1356, which is surprisingly clean:

And, here's the engine compartment, with Jim's wiper motor peeking out at you:

What are these things on the passenger's fender?

And what is this on the hood?

Last, is this the TFI module?

Vacuum canisters

"Mercury switch"

Yes, that is the remote TFI.

Black is CCD, while gray is PS.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vacuum canisters

"Mercury switch"

Yes, that is the remote TFI.

Black is CCD, while gray is PS.

Vacuum canisters, like for the HVAC?

Mercury switch for an underhood light or?

CCD means Charge-Coupled Device to me, and PS means Power Steering. What does it mean in this case?

Computer Controlled Dwell, or Push Start.

Two kinds of EEC-IV modules.

Gary, FYI, push start means the starter circuit "pushes" the dwell for a hotter spark cranking, CCD is Computer Controlled Dwell and the EEC controls the dwell. 1987-94 models used push start, 1995-96/7 used CCD. What ever computer you use, you need the correct ICM and wiring as the setup is different.

You see I used quotes on the switch.

Yes, look at the circuit.

I'm going to break this up into at least two posts - an update and a request for HELP.

On the update, I got the passenger's fender off yesterday and the driver's fender off today. And, the grille and headlights off, as well as the air box, coolant recovery reservoir, etc - as shown here:

DSCN2623.thumb.jpg.e9de9c7201386dcfe4dcf13d433145c5.jpg

And, I in the cab I got the seat out and the seat belts out. But I've not yet taken the steering column out as I wanted to get down to it under the hood so I can easily pull it. But, other than that I'm now down to the wiring harness being the main thing in the cab. But, other than the OD switch, is there anything special about this in-cab harness that I'll need on Dad's truck?

I'm going to break this up into at least two posts - an update and a request for HELP.

On the update, I got the passenger's fender off yesterday and the driver's fender off today. And, the grille and headlights off, as well as the air box, coolant recovery reservoir, etc - as shown here:

And, I in the cab I got the seat out and the seat belts out. But I've not yet taken the steering column out as I wanted to get down to it under the hood so I can easily pull it. But, other than that I'm now down to the wiring harness being the main thing in the cab. But, other than the OD switch, is there anything special about this in-cab harness that I'll need on Dad's truck?

HELP!!!

Ok, I'm down to several things that I need to understand. First, I assume this is the MAP sensor. Right?

DSCN2621.thumb.jpg.4c81104ff676805ff48a905c05a66e4d.jpg

Second, I also got down to a connector or 10. Yipes! This is complex! How much of this am I going have to retain? Bill, I assume these are the 8-pin color-coded connectors you mentioned.

DSCN2624.thumb.jpg.c483f3c0c88c2436d66bdb919f6aa11d.jpg

And, that leads me to the last, and maybe most important, request for help. I don't like to launch into something as complex as this w/o documentation. So I'm thinking that I need a book or somesuch. But I haven't been able to find something that tells me how the system works, what each of the wires are, etc.

One thought is the 1990 EVYM. It'll at least show what the wires are for, assuming I can find them. But the only one I've found is $69.95, which is more for an EVTM than I'm used to paying. Is that the best approach? I'm happy to buy it if it is, but maybe there's something else that will tell me how EEC-IV (and EEC-V?) works?

HELP!!!

Ok, I'm down to several things that I need to understand. First, I assume this is the MAP sensor. Right?

Second, I also got down to a connector or 10. Yipes! This is complex! How much of this am I going have to retain? Bill, I assume these are the 8-pin color-coded connectors you mentioned.

And, that leads me to the last, and maybe most important, request for help. I don't like to launch into something as complex as this w/o documentation. So I'm thinking that I need a book or somesuch. But I haven't been able to find something that tells me how the system works, what each of the wires are, etc.

One thought is the 1990 EVYM. It'll at least show what the wires are for, assuming I can find them. But the only one I've found is $69.95, which is more for an EVTM than I'm used to paying. Is that the best approach? I'm happy to buy it if it is, but maybe there's something else that will tell me how EEC-IV (and EEC-V?) works?

Gary, Don't know if it's any help, but I did a breakdown of a 90 EFI harness on the FTE engine swap page. The pics disappeared there, but I think I still have copies in my computer. It may be of some use here. I'll email it to you, rather lengthy write up and a lot of pics.

HELP!!!

Yes, first item is the MAP sensor, on the connectors, the group of 4 is the engine, the first group of 3, the ones that go down toward the transmission are E4OD and transfer case, this includes the speed sensor, second group of 3 is the frame harness.

What you need to keep will be based on how you plan on wiring things, I started with the 90 stuff, then ended up going with a 95 setup initially until I got the EEC-V system in. If I can find it, I had a 90 EVTM and the big 11 X 17 fold out set of diagrams, I bought them shortly after buying the 90 F250 parts truck.

On manuals, check blackhatauction on eBay, they have been a great source for me. No luck right now however.

I am going to email you the old Ford Fuel injection website files.