Bullnose Forums

E4OD For Dad’s Truck

Ok, I’m going to start the list of parts I want from Jim, but hope y’all will jump in and point out what I’ve missed or don’t need:

• Hydroboost system

• Power Distribution Center

• Harnesses, including the one to the ZF as I don’t have that connector for my ZF

• Waterpump and pulley

• ZF5 crossmember

• Senders: According to Bill, “If you get the intake manifold from Jim's truck, you will have IAC, TPS, ECT, ACT, EVP all on the plenum.” But, since I’ll have the ‘90 with its plenum will I also have those? And, are they the same for the two trucks? Or might the connectors be different for the two harnesses?

• Coil Bracket: Bill also said “f you get the coil bracket you will also have EGR and AIR solenoid valves which you won't be using and the TFI-IV coil, get the ICM and heat sink from the left inner fender.

• Distributor: Bill also said “and the distributor for the CMP and CKP sensors”. I’ll have the one from the ‘90, so do I need the later one? Are the connectors different?

• O2 Sensors: I’ll have those from the ‘90, but if you pulled those from your truck, Jim, maybe I should have them as well.

I’m sure this isn’t a complete list, but it is a start and I can easily come back to edit it.

On the harnesses and connectors, read the post above where you pasted the email I sent you. The stuff on the intake is the same, interface to body harness is different.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The differences in the pumps are: starting in mid 1990 the cooler was added, the lower hose changed to a two piece unit, and the pump inlet changed from 2.0" OD to 1.75" OD. There is a NAPA "bushing" PN 902 that will take the inlet hose up to 2.0". Backing plate is the same C8SZ PN from the 1968 429. I would buy a new water pump like I did for the new engine, AutoZone's Duralast line is lifetime warranty and they are very good about it.

Good info to know. And I will go for the new pump. I assume that the serp setup rotates the pump backwards to what is currently on the BB’s engine. That’s a shame as it is an aluminum Edelbrock pump. 😉

Good info to know. And I will go for the new pump. I assume that the serp setup rotates the pump backwards to what is currently on the BB’s engine. That’s a shame as it is an aluminum Edelbrock pump. 😉

No, there is no reverse rotation 385 series pump unless it might have been marine, just like there is no 335 series reverse rotation pump.

Yes, the other change was a larger shaft and bolt circle, that is why I said get the pulley, fan clutch is the same, most come with a sleeve for the smaller shaft.

By saying “the fan clutch is the same” are you saying that the fan clutch and fan are also larger like the pulley? If that is the case I will need the fan and clutch.