Bullnose Forums

E4OD For Dad’s Truck

Here's a pic of how the 460 upper bolts to the lower.

You already have a 4v manifold. You just need to drill and tap for injectors.

The Price adapter will allow you to install the butterflys and tps needed to run the computer.

This is a 450 and it has hydroboost!

15086030484501561218035.thumb.jpg.e6d9f98758df801eccc431435e9121d8.jpg

Any interest in the PS pump, master and hydraulic lines?

Here's a pic of how the 460 upper bolts to the lower.

You already have a 4v manifold. You just need to drill and tap for injectors.

The Price adapter will allow you to install the butterflys and tps needed to run the computer.

Two of your pics didn’t come through, but I get the picture. However, on the manifold my plan was to use a Cleveland intake and the Price adapters to mate it to an M-block. Then drill the adapters for the injectors. But, you are thinking I can drill the Weiand intake for injectors?

As for hydroboost, yes! Jonathan and I were just talking about that, and he HIGHLY recommends it. I’ll either use it on Big Blue or Dad’s truck.

Two of your pics didn’t come through, but I get the picture. However, on the manifold my plan was to use a Cleveland intake and the Price adapters to mate it to an M-block. Then drill the adapters for the injectors. But, you are thinking I can drill the Weiand intake for injectors?

As for hydroboost, yes! Jonathan and I were just talking about that, and he HIGHLY recommends it. I’ll either use it on Big Blue or Dad’s truck.

Jim - Does that truck have an E4OD? And the needed crossmember? Is it 4wd? Perhaps I can buy parts from you, paying you to do the work and to ship them, and save me from having to buy and part a truck?

Bill - I haven’t completely given up on the EFI idea, and have been reading about what is involved. In doing so I found something that says you need a “crank position sensor, cam position sensor, Power Steering Pressure Switch, Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Valve, Exhaust Gas Vacuum Regulator, Heated Oxygen Sensor (Pre Catalyst & Post Catalyst), Vehicle Speed Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, Intake Air Temperature sensor, Mass Air Flow sensor, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and a few other various sensors.” Are all of those necessary? Which ones are and can they be had from Jim’s truck?

Jim - Does that truck have an E4OD? And the needed crossmember? Is it 4wd? Perhaps I can buy parts from you, paying you to do the work and to ship them, and save me from having to buy and part a truck?

Bill - I haven’t completely given up on the EFI idea, and have been reading about what is involved. In doing so I found something that says you need a “crank position sensor, cam position sensor, Power Steering Pressure Switch, Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Valve, Exhaust Gas Vacuum Regulator, Heated Oxygen Sensor (Pre Catalyst & Post Catalyst), Vehicle Speed Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, Intake Air Temperature sensor, Mass Air Flow sensor, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and a few other various sensors.” Are all of those necessary? Which ones are and can they be had from Jim’s truck?

It's a pita to edit photos from my phone.

It's 2wd with a Zf-5.

4x4 style Zf with the superduty parking brake bolted to the back of it.

I have the whole engine and harness coming out.

I can get the PDC box as well, if you want.

It's a pita to edit photos from my phone.

It's 2wd with a Zf-5.

4x4 style Zf with the superduty parking brake bolted to the back of it.

I have the whole engine and harness coming out.

I can get the PDC box as well, if you want.

Oh, ok. But you should be able to sell the ZF.

As for the PDC, why not. It might be needed with the harness. When we settle on what all to ship you’ll have to set a price.

Oh, ok. But you should be able to sell the ZF.

As for the PDC, why not. It might be needed with the harness. When we settle on what all to ship you’ll have to set a price.

Are you ok with buying new power steering hoses? Because I don't have my crows foot with me and I'm really not supposed to be stripping cars here.

Cool! What brackets will I need to put it on Big Blue’s 460? Looks like it is set up for a serpentine belt, so will I need all the other stuff to convert to serp or just change the pulley?

You can use any dual return PS pump.

If you already have a Sag just put a Y at the return inlet and not listen to this C2 pump whine.