Bullnose Forum

Door Hinges

Well then I'd say just replace the strikers with later style ones, and check for how the door closed.I've never seen someone attempt to fix one with duct tape
Are the later ones the ones with the loop?  That's what's on it.  Or is that the early version?  

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 12:34 AM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

The later strikers have a striker bolt that is not permanently captured by the metal bail.

If you can get the bolt out, you can replace the plastic sleeve down the road.

Ok, thanks. I'll get to that one. Got to stop spending for a couple weeks and wait for and install parts I have ordered. So many things... thanks for the help.

Ok, thanks. I'll get to that one. Got to stop spending for a couple weeks and wait for and install parts I have ordered. So many things... thanks for the help.

Oh, a newbie that hasn't seen my analogy!

These truck are like onions. We keep peeling and crying, peeling and crying. But eventually we have enough onion rings to have a Bloomin' Onion! :nabble_anim_jump:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the nerve up to start messing with door and body panel alignment on my truck, I'll be interested to see how your work goes.

My door alignment went pretty well for a first timer, somewhat under the gun and outside. I didn't many helpful pictures, but It was easier than I though that it would be to remove the fenders. so much so I would consider it I was to do and engine or head work, it provides so much more accessibility.

My door alignment went pretty well for a first timer, somewhat under the gun and outside. I didn't many helpful pictures, but It was easier than I though that it would be to remove the fenders. so much so I would consider it I was to do and engine or head work, it provides so much more accessibility.

Glad it went so well. :nabble_smiley_good: