Bullnose Forums

New 351C Article

I picked up the May 2019 issue of Classic Trucks today and discovered an article by a familiar name about a familiar topic, and mentioning a good friend.The article was written by Jim Smart, who writes under the pseudonym of George Reid, and one of his books is Ford 351 Cleveland Engines: How to Build for Max Performance. And, the familiar topic is the Cleveland engine and its siblings.

As for the good friend, that would be Tim Meyer of TMEYER Precision Automotive Machining. Tim's shop was quoted as a source in the article. So, to ensure that Tim knew the article was out I texted him a picture. He quickly called and we had a good chat about the engines, the article, and his business.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see the article. (But, it isn't nearly as clear as it would be if you went out and bought it at the news stand. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

That's almost an oxymoron . . . "New 351C article " :)

Yes, and no. Or in German, jein. Tim is casting new 351C blocks, both in aluminum and cast iron, and hopefully compacted graphite soon.

He posted on FB today that all 15 of the aluminum castings are spoken for, and in our telephone conversation he indicated that he has something like 100 of the cast iron ones spoken for.

And, it is a newly-designed block. So, while the 351C isn't new, there certainly are some new 351C's. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Yes, and no. Or in German, jein. Tim is casting new 351C blocks, both in aluminum and cast iron, and hopefully compacted graphite soon.

He posted on FB today that all 15 of the aluminum castings are spoken for, and in our telephone conversation he indicated that he has something like 100 of the cast iron ones spoken for.

And, it is a newly-designed block. So, while the 351C isn't new, there certainly are some new 351C's. :nabble_smiley_happy:

That is cool! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I was thinking the very same thing.

By the way, it's surprising still how many Bullnose trucks I see posted for sale that claim to have a 351c in them when you know they have a 351m.:nabble_anim_confused:

Not saying that it is impossible for them to have a 351c, just that it's unlikely in most cases, based solely on what the truck's condition is in the pics;).

I was thinking the very same thing.

By the way, it's surprising still how many Bullnose trucks I see posted for sale that claim to have a 351c in them when you know they have a 351m.:nabble_anim_confused:

Not saying that it is impossible for them to have a 351c, just that it's unlikely in most cases, based solely on what the truck's condition is in the pics;).

Except in Oz.