Bullnose Forums

Any Ford RV/ Motorhome experts on here?

Jim,

I'll be looking at all of the options to get the air intake back to a somewhat normal installation, preferably with a real cold air intake that draws from outside the engine bay. As you know, there's not much room in the E350 engine bay with a 460 in there.

This is what the intake assembly is supposed to look like.

And this is what is in there now. Some of the original duct work is still there, but the air box and mounting bracket is not, nor is there any of the duct work that fed the air box.

The receipt for the propane install came with the RV. The original owner's paid $2500 for the system back in 1993, and it was kit specifically for the 460 EFI.

The only thing I don't know, is where the cold air was drawn from. I've read that the 90's class-C RV's drew their intake air from under the hood and did not draw outside air at all.

I don't know how class C's would differ from any other E-series.

Let me dive into boxes of old photographs (remember those?) and see what I turn up.

I'll also be poking around old shuttle busses, handicapped and church vans looking for what you need.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I can think of would be the dual batteries that wouldn't be present in the regular gas models. I haven't looked to closely at this thing yet, so I don't know which battery is the standard one that would exist in all of them.

Only thing I can think of would be the dual batteries that wouldn't be present in the regular gas models. I haven't looked to closely at this thing yet, so I don't know which battery is the standard one that would exist in all of them.

Late to the party, but as Jim is implying, I might have the filter box. But, it looks to me like the top of the box is different from the vans to the pickups, which is what mine is from. The one below has two fittings for the hoses that go to the front, but I don't think mine has anything like that. I'll look in a bit.

Late to the party, but as Jim is implying, I might have the filter box. But, it looks to me like the top of the box is different from the vans to the pickups, which is what mine is from. The one below has two fittings for the hoses that go to the front, but I don't think mine has anything like that. I'll look in a bit.

What is all that?

Resonant tuning?

I can't really see another purpose.

Well, I checked and it seems Banks has CAI for pickups and class A, but not C. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'll get down to the tow yard today (before the whole State is locked down at 8 PM)

I don't know what all that is for - unless it is as you suggested. Seems strange. And the piece towards the passenger's fender looks like it has anti-reversion molded into it.

The whole state is going lock-down tonight? What will be left open? You are, obviously, quite close to New York with all its problems.

I don't know what all that is for - unless it is as you suggested. Seems strange. And the piece towards the passenger's fender looks like it has anti-reversion molded into it.

The whole state is going lock-down tonight? What will be left open? You are, obviously, quite close to New York with all its problems.

Those horns are one of the first things people cut out of EFI 460's.

Only "essential" businesses: markets, hardware stores (for that plastic sheet and duct tape we all NEED!) and of course liquor stores and gun shops.... because that's always a great combination! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I found a picture of what the intake snorkel looks like on the passenger side. I guess it is drawing from the area in front of the core support, behind the edge of the hood? Kind of hard to tell.

s-l1600.jpg.ce99efcd19d0ca22d66547e68a53460e.jpg

I guess you can kind of see it here in this picture?

E350_460_Intake.jpg.e2c3b1efc6133ce8959c12ccb16a9eb6.jpg

The declared a state of emergency here yesterday about mid day. Everybody has been ignoring the calls to stay away from large groups, and there were a few hundred people partying at the beach yesterday. The police showed up and told them all to go home, and apparently they were ignored.

Today there's a $1000 fine if you're caught out running around without a very good reason.

Those horns are one of the first things people cut out of EFI 460's.

Only "essential" businesses: markets, hardware stores (for that plastic sheet and duct tape we all NEED!) and of course liquor stores and gun shops.... because that's always a great combination! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Schools, courts, banks, libraries, restaurants, bars, most stores are shuttered.

90% of offices are closed unless able to telecommute.

"Non-essential" manufacturing is done, but construction trades: lumberyards, cement plants, asphalt are still operational.

The internet, and especially cellular communications are sluggish because there's not enough bandwidth for everyone to stream 4k while they're sitting home.

I found a picture of what the intake snorkel looks like on the passenger side. I guess it is drawing from the area in front of the core support, behind the edge of the hood? Kind of hard to tell.

I guess you can kind of see it here in this picture?

The declared a state of emergency here yesterday about mid day. Everybody has been ignoring the calls to stay away from large groups, and there were a few hundred people partying at the beach yesterday. The police showed up and told them all to go home, and apparently they were ignored.

Today there's a $1000 fine if you're caught out running around without a very good reason.

Jim - Yes, they cut the horns out, but from what reading I've done it isn't conclusive that it helps.

Guns and booze - one more reason to stay inside.

The illustration helps more than the pic since everything is mashed. Complex system.

As for the people, I think they should be put in a large cell and allowed to pass their germs back and forth. That way they won't pass them to the rest of the world, which they have done already by going home.

A fine seems the least the government should do.