Bullnose Forums

Any Ford RV/ Motorhome experts on here?

Are you making progress with Mrs Rembrandt's decor ideas?

Let's see the inside!!!

What are your weekend travel plans?

Any idea when you'll be able to cross the border?

You can certainly bring a lot of stuff back in that RV! 😉

I'll try to post up some pics of the interior. It is basically finished inside now. I laid all new flooring, and she painted all of the walls. Installed new faucets, and reupholstered the seats/fold down couch. I had to reseal some spots on the roof, and I'm working on the cargo doors one by one...every lock and latch is/was seized.

Good news is that the cab AC works great, although I think I might need a fan speed resistor pack soon.

Just waiting on the generator currently so that we can run the coach AC while on the road. That, and I still need to install a grey water tank. I'll get there.

As for where...current plans are just to travel around NS a little bit, and visit family and friends. We also plan to do a little "Boondocking" and stay on some remote/deserted beaches. I have a good friend in Cape Breton on the Ceilidth Trail that has 40 acres on the ocean, and lots of free space to boondock.

We are also anxiously awaiting the border to reopen...but we currently can't even get TO the border. NB is closed off to non-essential travel, so we'd need a good excuse in order to pass through. My wife loves to get into Maine to do some power shopping...so if we can swing it this summer, we'll likely go at least that far, maybe stay in Freeport for a couple nights and work our way back.

Onan's are about as reliable as you can get.

Though Honda's and Robin's are great too.

You know I pine for a CBI adventure.

The Markland cottages are where my great uncle used to own.

PEI is attractive too.

Those lobster and mussels in a seaweed filled beach fire pit have me drooling.

I'm more than a bit envious of your summertime

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you making progress with Mrs Rembrandt's decor ideas?

Let's see the inside!!!

What are your weekend travel plans?

Any idea when you'll be able to cross the border?

You can certainly bring a lot of stuff back in that RV! 😉

I'll try to post up some pics of the interior. It is basically finished inside now. I laid all new flooring, and she painted all of the walls. Installed new faucets, and reupholstered the seats/fold down couch. I had to reseal some spots on the roof, and I'm working on the cargo doors one by one...every lock and latch is/was seized.

Good news is that the cab AC works great, although I think I might need a fan speed resistor pack soon.

Just waiting on the generator currently so that we can run the coach AC while on the road. That, and I still need to install a grey water tank. I'll get there.

As for where...current plans are just to travel around NS a little bit, and visit family and friends. We also plan to do a little "Boondocking" and stay on some remote/deserted beaches. I have a good friend in Cape Breton on the Ceilidth Trail that has 40 acres on the ocean, and lots of free space to boondock.

We are also anxiously awaiting the border to reopen...but we currently can't even get TO the border. NB is closed off to non-essential travel, so we'd need a good excuse in order to pass through. My wife loves to get into Maine to do some power shopping...so if we can swing it this summer, we'll likely go at least that far, maybe stay in Freeport for a couple nights and work our way back.

Wow, that intake plumbing really cleaned things up. :nabble_anim_claps:

And with all that interior work you've done it sounds like you are almost ready to go. I'll bet you are anxious!

You know I pine for a CBI adventure.

The Markland cottages are where my great uncle used to own.

PEI is attractive too.

Those lobster and mussels in a seaweed filled beach fire pit have me drooling.

I'm more than a bit envious of your summertime

The interior is not all that easy to take good pics of, but here is one below. The original flooring was disgusting worn out blue carpet. We ripped it all up and laid down peel and stick stuff, and then I did all the edges in that pre-painted quarter round. We've been trying to do this thing on the cheap, so we did it as good as we could on a small back pocket budget. She painted the walls white, and the backsplash is more peel and stick stuff. I had a piece of stainless cut to make a back splash for the stove. There were a lot of little things we did...new registers for the heater vents, and she did all of the flower print upholstery and seats on marine vinyl. It doesn't look too bad for a 27 year old RV. Remember the inside of this thing was all brown wood colored paneling and ugly wall paper with blue carpet...ack!

IMG_1261.jpg.8da7b59b71dd6c713b9ef2c31f3d509b.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg.bfb3d2d6b5a13722a4c5387715297184.jpg

I don't have very many pictures unfortunately, but the thing is pretty big/spacious for what it is. Double bed in the vary ass end, and a small bathroom with shower and almost full size tub.

The interior is not all that easy to take good pics of, but here is one below. The original flooring was disgusting worn out blue carpet. We ripped it all up and laid down peel and stick stuff, and then I did all the edges in that pre-painted quarter round. We've been trying to do this thing on the cheap, so we did it as good as we could on a small back pocket budget. She painted the walls white, and the backsplash is more peel and stick stuff. I had a piece of stainless cut to make a back splash for the stove. There were a lot of little things we did...new registers for the heater vents, and she did all of the flower print upholstery and seats on marine vinyl. It doesn't look too bad for a 27 year old RV. Remember the inside of this thing was all brown wood colored paneling and ugly wall paper with blue carpet...ack!

IMG_1261.thumb.jpg.926ce1ce545418867951fec3d891b870.jpg

I don't have very many pictures unfortunately, but the thing is pretty big/spacious for what it is. Double bed in the vary ass end, and a small bathroom with shower and almost full size tub.

Darn it, I rotated that pic and saved in it Paint too...

IMG_1261.thumb.jpg.926ce1ce545418867951fec3d891b870.jpg

That's what I hear. The one weak spot in the old ones is the main circuit board. The electrical box/control panel on this thing is not sealed at all...it's almost like an indoor unit, but it's hanging under the coach on the side of the chassis where all the road grime gets at it. The circuit board was fried. It has a tradional old Ford style starter solenoid, so I got it to wind over and fogged the cylinders. Compression seems good...I had the plugs unthreaded, but still sitting in the holes, and even at starter speed it blew the plugs out like bullets...lol. I found a place in PA that manufactures replacement upgraded/heavy duty circuit boards, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive so I can fir the thing up.

That's what I hear. The one weak spot in the old ones is the main circuit board. The electrical box/control panel on this thing is not sealed at all...it's almost like an indoor unit, but it's hanging under the coach on the side of the chassis where all the road grime gets at it. The circuit board was fried. It has a tradional old Ford style starter solenoid, so I got it to wind over and fogged the cylinders. Compression seems good...I had the plugs unthreaded, but still sitting in the holes, and even at starter speed it blew the plugs out like bullets...lol. I found a place in PA that manufactures replacement upgraded/heavy duty circuit boards, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive so I can fir the thing up.

Those Onan controls really weren't designed to be out in the weather, on most Class A RVs they are pretty well enclosed with a side air grille, exhaust and cooling air dumping out the bottom. I have one, a 4.0CCK and an even older, 305CCK with a recoil starter. They spent a number of Halloween seasons running scenes in what was called "the haunted forest". I used the old recoil start one at our scout camp for a big regional meet to power our 30 ft 5th wheel (AC, lights, refrigerator) for 3 days, I have a 37 gal Marine fuel tank for it.

If your panel has 2 switches, one will say "not used in this application" and the other is a 2 position, start, run and stop which there should be one inside also. The "not used" switch is a bypass for the low oil pressure and will run the Stewart-Warner fuel pump, however it will also heat the choke coil.