Bullnose Forums

Any Ford RV/ Motorhome experts on here?

This thing has 4.10 gears, but I don't really know what it weighs. They asked me at the DMV last week how much it weighed, and I had no idea. I know the GVWR is 11,500 lbs, so I guessed at 4500KG which would be close to 10,000 lbs. It was just a guess, but 4500KG was the tipping point...if I picked a pound above that, my registration was going to be another $100. I might run it over the scale this week just to find out.

But I'm getting used to the E4OD. This thing cruises along nicely, no problem there. It has lots of power. It just seems sometimes like it gets into OD to soon, and I have to kick it down hard to get some more power.

The way my 94 drove different may be one of the reasons why that tranny was so problematic. This E4OD in my Bronco has been great.

You know you can reflash it, right?

Ari's Newmar coach was an absolute pig until we fixed the fueling and shift points.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ari's Newmar coach was an absolute pig until we fixed the fueling and shift points.

Can that be done with a 1993 also?

I know Banks sells a piggyback module for the E4OD. I'd love to have it, but in the current economic situation, it's not as necessary as some other things I want and need. Still, I've read good reviews on how it improves the shifting.

Can that be done with a 1993 also?

I know Banks sells a piggyback module for the E4OD. I'd love to have it, but in the current economic situation, it's not as necessary as some other things I want and need. Still, I've read good reviews on how it improves the shifting.

Cory - I think I have a piggyback module on one of my EEC-IV ECU's. Is there a way to tell what it is? I don't need it, so it is yours if you want it and if it'll work.

Cory - I think I have a piggyback module on one of my EEC-IV ECU's. Is there a way to tell what it is? I don't need it, so it is yours if you want it and if it'll work.

Take some pics, or look for any identifying numbers, Gary.

It would be great if Cory could get that beast shifting with authority.

Much better mileage if the tranny is locked up, and not turning fuel into heat that needs gotten rid of by the cooler.

Take some pics, or look for any identifying numbers, Gary.

It would be great if Cory could get that beast shifting with authority.

Much better mileage if the tranny is locked up, and not turning fuel into heat that needs gotten rid of by the cooler.

I'll do that tomorrow. May not be that at all. Or, I may have given it to Brandon. Will see.

• 4 weeks later...

The old pig RV has been sitting idle for a while. We've been wanting to start using it, but I'm waiting on a new circuit board for the Onan generator just so I can start the darn thing and see if it works.

Finally got around to changing the oil today and installing (RE-installing) the factory air cleaner and intake ducting that I assembled from bits and pieces.

It had a little oil filter on it, but I must say the old 460 oil filter sure is easy to access on this thing. I'd say it needed an oil change badly too.

IMG_1193.jpg.340980c56f9aae95052d2737eaa20a95.jpg

I also finally removed that old hob gobbled propane open element intake assembly. Amazing how much quieter it is with a full factory correct air cleaner and intake on it. Heck, it even seems like its running smoother, although I'm sure that is just the placebo effect.

Anyway, a couple more things off the to do list...once I get the generator working, we'll be hitting the road on the weekends.

IMG_1194.jpg.3bfbddb319be8511e63925a25f97c0bb.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg.aed08ab66e37ce2aa7efe6bf4f607f1a.jpg

And the old propane junk removed...

IMG_1196.jpg.65bd47af35e957c7432e324539f180f0.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg.2d158502cf62fecfb88450f8f309cf9f.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg.22739ea39fd8675c7fb05fe0ff65c319.jpg

Anyway...I can see that working on the engine in this thing is going to be hateful...ugh. I really need to change out the coolant temp sender soon, and I've been procrastinating on that...lol.

The old pig RV has been sitting idle for a while. We've been wanting to start using it, but I'm waiting on a new circuit board for the Onan generator just so I can start the darn thing and see if it works.

Finally got around to changing the oil today and installing (RE-installing) the factory air cleaner and intake ducting that I assembled from bits and pieces.

It had a little oil filter on it, but I must say the old 460 oil filter sure is easy to access on this thing. I'd say it needed an oil change badly too.

I also finally removed that old hob gobbled propane open element intake assembly. Amazing how much quieter it is with a full factory correct air cleaner and intake on it. Heck, it even seems like its running smoother, although I'm sure that is just the placebo effect.

Anyway, a couple more things off the to do list...once I get the generator working, we'll be hitting the road on the weekends.

And the old propane junk removed...

Anyway...I can see that working on the engine in this thing is going to be hateful...ugh. I really need to change out the coolant temp sender soon, and I've been procrastinating on that...lol.

Never was good access in an E-Series.

Though the body shop used to have an ancient 3 on the tree Ford van with the entire doghouse inside the cab.

I don't think it's all placebo. All that intake stuff is resonant tuned to optimize the pulses created by valves opening and closing.

Are you making progress with Mrs Rembrandt's decor ideas?

Let's see the inside!!!

What are your weekend travel plans?

Any idea when you'll be able to cross the border?

You can certainly bring a lot of stuff back in that RV! 😉

Are you making progress with Mrs Rembrandt's decor ideas?

Let's see the inside!!!

What are your weekend travel plans?

Any idea when you'll be able to cross the border?

You can certainly bring a lot of stuff back in that RV! 😉

I'll try to post up some pics of the interior. It is basically finished inside now. I laid all new flooring, and she painted all of the walls. Installed new faucets, and reupholstered the seats/fold down couch. I had to reseal some spots on the roof, and I'm working on the cargo doors one by one...every lock and latch is/was seized.

Good news is that the cab AC works great, although I think I might need a fan speed resistor pack soon.

Just waiting on the generator currently so that we can run the coach AC while on the road. That, and I still need to install a grey water tank. I'll get there.

As for where...current plans are just to travel around NS a little bit, and visit family and friends. We also plan to do a little "Boondocking" and stay on some remote/deserted beaches. I have a good friend in Cape Breton on the Ceilidth Trail that has 40 acres on the ocean, and lots of free space to boondock.

We are also anxiously awaiting the border to reopen...but we currently can't even get TO the border. NB is closed off to non-essential travel, so we'd need a good excuse in order to pass through. My wife loves to get into Maine to do some power shopping...so if we can swing it this summer, we'll likely go at least that far, maybe stay in Freeport for a couple nights and work our way back.