Bullnose Forums

Any Ford RV/ Motorhome experts on here?

I would run what Ford recommends which is 192° or 195° I believe.

Edit: As Jim said on the oil, I run 10w30. I use Valvoline “conventional”, I guess it’s called now, or NAPA oil. And a Motorcraft, Wix, NAPA or Purolator filter.

Figured I'd move the Ford specific parts of my RV discussion over to this thread. For the Garagemahal, I'll consider this to be an E350 460 EFI E40D Dana project, and keep the RV portion out of it.

In any case, I did finally piece together an almost complete correct* air intake system for the 460 EFI, with some NOS parts from Texas and some ratty old parts removed from a junked cube van in Connecticut. In the end I paid way too much for all of this stuff, but I wanted to get everything back to a baseline with this thing. I also have to remove all of the propane conversion wiring, and I haven't even started that yet...ugh.

This is what the old now inop propane conversion looks like under the hood...

IMG_0414.jpg.1a8e4942e83ea7063a4a484ae881a919.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg.a1f5882d172706ccc4257a7eb6ec2c42.jpg

The new/old stock air intake assembly waiting to be installed:

IMG_0663.jpg.0f609b76d012361d0040b13583b1d1d6.jpg

It actually got busted up in shipping, but I was able to repair it and get it cleaned up:

IMG_0644.jpg.2f5b13696bd2ae79265ee2c4de5ff82d.jpg

Something I was missing was the correct tube/line for the crankcase breather. I went out to the junkyard on Sunday to wander around and I found a crankcase breather line still intact on a 1991 F350 w/460, so I snagged it, and removed the fitting from the airbox end. I'll just buy some 1/2" hose for this, but I needed this end to properly connect the crankcase breather/filter in the airbox.

IMG_0664.jpg.e3784b128162160620d8eb5c8436b444.jpg

Anyway, we're on the road to recover with this thing. I also picked up new gaskets for the throttle body, EGR, and IAC. Going to try and get a whole bunch of stuff done to this thing in one big swoop once I have all of the parts ready to roll.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd move the Ford specific parts of my RV discussion over to this thread. For the Garagemahal, I'll consider this to be an E350 460 EFI E40D Dana project, and keep the RV portion out of it.

In any case, I did finally piece together an almost complete correct* air intake system for the 460 EFI, with some NOS parts from Texas and some ratty old parts removed from a junked cube van in Connecticut. In the end I paid way too much for all of this stuff, but I wanted to get everything back to a baseline with this thing. I also have to remove all of the propane conversion wiring, and I haven't even started that yet...ugh.

It actually got busted up in shipping, but I was able to repair it and get it cleaned up:

Something I was missing was the correct tube/line for the crankcase breather. I went out to the junkyard on Sunday to wander around and I found a crankcase breather line still intact on a 1991 F350 w/460, so I snagged it, and removed the fitting from the airbox end. I'll just buy some 1/2" hose for this, but I needed this end to properly connect the crankcase breather/filter in the airbox.

Anyway, we're on the road to recover with this thing. I also picked up new gaskets for the throttle body, EGR, and IAC. Going to try and get a whole bunch of stuff done to this thing in one big swoop once I have all of the parts ready to roll.

Looks good sir!

Yes, it does look good. :nabble_smiley_good:

And getting everything together to install is my way of doing it.

But don't worry about posting the RV part on the Garagemahal/Bullnose Bible. It doesn't seem to car. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But don't worry about posting the RV part on the Garagemahal/Bullnose Bible. It doesn't seem to car. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary,

For what it's worth, returning the entire intake system on this thing back to stock will probably do nothing other than lighten my wallet, but the psychological effect will be huge for my mild (sometimes severe) OCD...lol.

You can move these new comments back over to the RV thread if you wish Gary. I just figured I'd keep the non-Bullnose stuff out of general population...lol. While not Bullnose related, you guys have been very helpful on the 460/E4OD/Dana topics that I am an extreme rookie with;).

Gary,

For what it's worth, returning the entire intake system on this thing back to stock will probably do nothing other than lighten my wallet, but the psychological effect will be huge for my mild (sometimes severe) OCD...lol.

You can move these new comments back over to the RV thread if you wish Gary. I just figured I'd keep the non-Bullnose stuff out of general population...lol. While not Bullnose related, you guys have been very helpful on the 460/E4OD/Dana topics that I am an extreme rookie with;).

It is up to you, Cory. Tell me where you want them moved and I'll do it.

We aren't picky. Bill's got his LeBaron on here, I have the boat somewhere, and Ray's talking about a Crown Vic. The thing that brought us together is Ford trucks, but that doesn't mean that's all we have in common. So why not talk about them as well?

We aren't picky. Bill's got his LeBaron on here, I have the boat somewhere, and Ray's talking about a Crown Vic. The thing that brought us together is Ford trucks, but that doesn't mean that's all we have in common. So why not talk about them as well?

Haha, I suppose so...

Well, in that case move it over to my RV thread and I'll keep it all together there;).

Haha, I suppose so...

Well, in that case move it over to my RV thread and I'll keep it all together there;).

Like this? Now, what posts do you want deleted?

I agree with Gary there Cory. We all have one interest that brought us all together but that's not our only interest, which is another thing we all have in common. We have many interests that together makes us interesting. Bill also has a Chrysler LeBaron, Gary has a boat and his grand kids and I am also working at putting my Town Car back together and also my garden. When I get some more money I'll be getting a starter for the Town Car from DB Electrical and putting it back on the road. I will also have a tiller I will be repairing as well, with pictures.

Like this? Now, what posts do you want deleted?

I think it's all good as is Gary.

Frank, understood. I prefer the help I get here on Non-Bullnose stuff over having to hunt for it elsewhere;).

Yes, there is a LOT of knowledge and experience contained in the folks that make up this forum. Together we can strengthen our weaker areas of our knowledge and experience.