Bullnose Forums

Any Ford RV/ Motorhome experts on here?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

Don't worry about it for now. I'll wait until I get everything assembled and installed and see how it goes.

Cory - Ok, I'll hang loose. But in the interim I'll call him and make sure he doesn't do anything like tow it to the salvage. His wife of 65 years recently passed away and he's cleaning things up, and that could be one of them. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Na!

It must be a Newfie up there. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Haha...ahh the poor Newfies we pick on them quite a bit. Truth is, we're bad enough on our own over here in NS...lol. There is a local guy here that makes these little videos poking fun at us and our accents and mannerisms...it may not be nearly as funny to those that have not traveled here, but if you're stuck at home and bored silly, check it out. The farmer character is quite typical around here...lol. Welcome to The Maritimes.

.... There is a local guy here that makes these little videos poking fun at us and our accents and mannerisms....

Back when the movie "Fargo" came out a local new station interviewed someone from the Fargo / Moorhead area (Moorhead is on the Minnesota side of the river, across from Fargo). His thought on the movie were something like:

Yah, well da movie wassn't too bad. But dey kinda made fun of our accents. And we don' really talk dat way up here don' cha know.

Yah, well da movie wassn't too bad. But dey kinda made fun of our accents. And we don' really talk dat way up here don' cha know.

Ha! That's great! That was a great movie and the TV series were good as well. I was in the US somewhere years ago...I forget where now, and I remember the guy said to me that I sounded like I was either from Canada or Minnesota...lol.

The rearmost exhaust bolt is why I said to slot the front and back ears of the manifold.

So shear stress doesn't break the bolt or crack the manifold.

I found this Dorman kit while looking for other parts. I guess this is designed to fix the exact broken bolt issue that is present in my engine? That's interesting. It says "OE Fix, Rear Right; To 1/31/93".

460fix.thumb.jpg.75835b5b06627e4bcb33120252281e77.jpg

The rearmost exhaust bolt is why I said to slot the front and back ears of the manifold.

So shear stress doesn't break the bolt or crack the manifold.

I found this Dorman kit while looking for other parts. I guess this is designed to fix the exact broken bolt issue that is present in my engine? That's interesting. It says "OE Fix, Rear Right; To 1/31/93".

That's probably the date the F3 heads were introduced. Odd that it doesn't work with them. Or, maybe the manifolds changed then?

Ha! That's great! That was a great movie and the TV series were good as well. I was in the US somewhere years ago...I forget where now, and I remember the guy said to me that I sounded like I was either from Canada or Minnesota...lol.

Down here in southern Minnesota (although still north of the frozen tundra of Green Bay), we don't have the mistake-you-for-a-Canadian accent (we have an accent, just not that one). Up on "da range" (the Minnesota Iron Range in northern MN) it's closer, both geographically and in sound. But when I moved to the Detroit area for a couple years everyone thought I ought to sound like a Canadian. I ended up spending a few days in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) with a friends family. After that I could imitate a yooper accent well enough to make people happy that I was finally talking Minnesotan!