Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

This week I plan to cross off as many little things as I can, that way there's less on my list when I start hitting the big things.

The big things I need include:

Front Suspension

Engine

Transmission

Transfer Case

Driveshafts

Ignition System

Fuel System Maintenance

Brake System

Front suspension is priority since I want the truck off of jackstands. I just need to pick up the RSK and springs so that it can sit on all four wheels. After that I'll source the drivetrain, and then it's just a matter of installing new parts and tying up loose ends.

My ultimate goal is by next year, hopefully before Summer. That should give me enough time to get this thing at least close to running and driving.

What RSK and springs are you using? I'm sure you told me, but .....

Anyway, that's quite a list. As long in many ways as mine on Big Blue. Should be a fun journey. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What RSK and springs are you using? I'm sure you told me, but .....

Anyway, that's quite a list. As long in many ways as mine on Big Blue. Should be a fun journey. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm going with the one below. I'm gonna have to adapt it since my frame is not a 4x4 frame, but I have a good tape measure and the axle so I'll get it figured out.

Super Duty RSK

This old girl is definitely a project, but it will be worth it in the end. A good solid truck that I don't have to be afraid of using.

I'm going with the one below. I'm gonna have to adapt it since my frame is not a 4x4 frame, but I have a good tape measure and the axle so I'll get it figured out.

Super Duty RSK

This old girl is definitely a project, but it will be worth it in the end. A good solid truck that I don't have to be afraid of using.

As you know, that's the same one I'm going to order, very soon. When are you ordering yours? And what shocks are you going with?

As you know, that's the same one I'm going to order, very soon. When are you ordering yours? And what shocks are you going with?

I'm probably gonna place my order next month, I'm trying to make sure there's nothing else I need from them so I can get everything in one shot.

As for shocks, Bilstein if possible. I refuse to run anything else on my trucks.

I'm probably gonna place my order next month, I'm trying to make sure there's nothing else I need from them so I can get everything in one shot.

As for shocks, Bilstein if possible. I refuse to run anything else on my trucks.

They have the right Bilsteins for the lift we'll get. That's the ones I'm going to order.

They have the right Bilsteins for the lift we'll get. That's the ones I'm going to order.

Perfect, what about rears? I'm running the F350 blocks out back so I need to do some research on rear Bilsteins for that much lift.

Perfect, what about rears? I'm running the F350 blocks out back so I need to do some research on rear Bilsteins for that much lift.

They told me we'll need to use 10" travel shocks on the front.

On the rear, I already have Bilsteins. And I'm running new F250 springs and the standard blocks. But, I have to soften those springs, which is certain to drop the ride height some. That may make it a bit lower than the front, so I may need to make a change. If I remember correctly I have both 3" and 4" blocks.

They told me we'll need to use 10" travel shocks on the front.

On the rear, I already have Bilsteins. And I'm running new F250 springs and the standard blocks. But, I have to soften those springs, which is certain to drop the ride height some. That may make it a bit lower than the front, so I may need to make a change. If I remember correctly I have both 3" and 4" blocks.

I haven't even begun to figure out my rear spring situation. May do a bastard pack like my Ranger has with an AAL or may just replace them. I'll figure that out when I get the weight of the bed on the truck so I can see where the stock springs are sitting. Definitely gonna add overloads to this truck as well so I'll have to account for that.

I haven't even begun to figure out my rear spring situation. May do a bastard pack like my Ranger has with an AAL or may just replace them. I'll figure that out when I get the weight of the bed on the truck so I can see where the stock springs are sitting. Definitely gonna add overloads to this truck as well so I'll have to account for that.

My hope/plan is to get the springs dialed down to where I get a decent ride and it'll handle most minor loads. Like when I'm overlanding.

But when I need more capacity I'll use air bags.

My hope/plan is to get the springs dialed down to where I get a decent ride and it'll handle most minor loads. Like when I'm overlanding.

But when I need more capacity I'll use air bags.

I'm just trying to haul horses/cattle and my Ranger. Haha.