salans7

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'd say that the Ranger has grown. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks good. And stout.

Concentric Slave Cylinders and A-2 outer wheel bearings leave MUCH to be desired, but it's been a good little truck.

I finally picked up a manual pedal assembly today. Out of five junkyards in town, only one had a manual truck. I though about picking a pedal assembly up on Ebay, but at $120-$200 a pop, no thanks. Picked the local one up for $30, much better.

Those with keen eyes can also see the wiring harness behind the dash, I finished fixing the fuse box wiring and after checking everything over, I reinstalled it into the truck. It's finally starting to feel more and more like a completed truck.

DSCN2000.jpg.4120ccdf4e0add67c2d1dcdd893d3efb.jpg

I finally picked up a manual pedal assembly today. Out of five junkyards in town, only one had a manual truck. I though about picking a pedal assembly up on Ebay, but at $120-$200 a pop, no thanks. Picked the local one up for $30, much better.

Those with keen eyes can also see the wiring harness behind the dash, I finished fixing the fuse box wiring and after checking everything over, I reinstalled it into the truck. It's finally starting to feel more and more like a completed truck.

Progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

It is looking good. I really like ticking the box on my to-do list, so I recommend having one. :nabble_smiley_good:

And. glad you found one for that price. Good job.

I earned that pedal assembly, that's for sure. I was out there around 10am, long before the afternoon heat. Still poured buckets of sweat out of every pore I have. It didn't help that the door to the parts truck was removed, so the sun was beating right down onto me. That coupled with the corrosion on the booster bolts made what should only have taken maybe an hour, take almost two. It was a good reminder of why I usually don't go to the junkyard during the hot months (February through October in Florida :nabble_smiley_happy:) unless it's raining.

I earned that pedal assembly, that's for sure. I was out there around 10am, long before the afternoon heat. Still poured buckets of sweat out of every pore I have. It didn't help that the door to the parts truck was removed, so the sun was beating right down onto me. That coupled with the corrosion on the booster bolts made what should only have taken maybe an hour, take almost two. It was a good reminder of why I usually don't go to the junkyard during the hot months (February through October in Florida :nabble_smiley_happy:) unless it's raining.

So Nov - Jan is the time to come to FL?

Basically, and that's not even a guarantee. It's only really cold at night. It's rarely cold during the day.

It's even worse further south.

I've never been a big fan of having a bunch of truck parts laying around my shop since it isn't the biggest space, so I put the interior back together to save room. This is a budget build so I'm not looking to make this thing 100% Bullnose, so the seat belts will stay the way they are, as will the B-pillar trim. The map pockets will also stay Bricknose, but I'm not sure if I'll keep the carpet. I need to replace the window seals on the driver's side door, as well as the window regulator on the passenger side, so that's when I'll color change the door panels and map pockets.

DSCN2002.jpg.ea3e4488f1603b3b54b3f827fa91363f.jpg

I've never been a big fan of having a bunch of truck parts laying around my shop since it isn't the biggest space, so I put the interior back together to save room. This is a budget build so I'm not looking to make this thing 100% Bullnose, so the seat belts will stay the way they are, as will the B-pillar trim. The map pockets will also stay Bricknose, but I'm not sure if I'll keep the carpet. I need to replace the window seals on the driver's side door, as well as the window regulator on the passenger side, so that's when I'll color change the door panels and map pockets.

It is really starting to look like a truck! Although one that doesn't know if it is an animal or a building block. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I didn't know that the Brick map pockets fit that well. Do all of the holes line up? And, does the vent go into the main opening of the door, or is it blocked off by the door's inner skin?