Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Thanks John!

Took apart my broken manual column, and with the help of Scott (kramttocs), I fixed the broken lock cylinder/bearing flange. While I had the column apart, everything received a new coat of paint and now the assembly is back in the truck.

Screenshot_20210110-175304_Gallery.thumb.jpg.353ad2df8f74390e7133e1d5a5cef1da.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took apart my broken manual column, and with the help of Scott (kramttocs), I fixed the broken lock cylinder/bearing flange. While I had the column apart, everything received a new coat of paint and now the assembly is back in the truck.

Lookin' good Shaun. That's going to be a nice looking interior.

Agreed - looking really good. Great black and woodgrain combo.

Thanks guys! I loved the black/woodgrain I had in the F150, so there was no doubt I would do the same in this truck. I plan to try and expand the woodgrain in a couple of other areas where I always felt it should have been as well, but that's down the road.

Thanks guys! I loved the black/woodgrain I had in the F150, so there was no doubt I would do the same in this truck. I plan to try and expand the woodgrain in a couple of other areas where I always felt it should have been as well, but that's down the road.

Yes, looking good! And woodgrain for the door inserts?

Very nice! :nabble_anim_claps:

Too fancy for me. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Still has manual windows and doors, as well as a manual transfer case, manual transmission, manual high beams and headlights, manual wipers, non-heated bench seat, and manual seat belts. There's still enough base model stuff in here for you. :nabble_anim_blbl:

I want to, but Ranger XLT F-Series trucks didn't come with that (The Broncos did, however). So I might do wooden "armrests". I do want to find a set of those 1980 only trim panels to go above the armrests as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! :nabble_anim_claps:

Too fancy for me. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Still has manual windows and doors, as well as a manual transfer case, manual transmission, manual high beams and headlights, manual wipers, non-heated bench seat, and manual seat belts. There's still enough base model stuff in here for you. :nabble_anim_blbl:

I want to, but Ranger XLT F-Series trucks didn't come with that (The Broncos did, however). So I might do wooden "armrests". I do want to find a set of those 1980 only trim panels to go above the armrests as well.

Well, nothing is getting done on the F350 since my white Ranger has been giving me a few issues lately, and I've realized that I should probably prioritize fixing the issues with my 2002 Ranger in case the white Ranger keeps acting up and I need to DD the red Ranger for a little while. I recently installed a lowering kit on the red truck, and about all that is left to do on that truck is the fuel filter (this week), new wheels and tires, transmission fluid and filter change, add a transmission temp gauge (I don't trust automatics), and a gear oil change since I doubt it's ever been done.

I took a few pics, and took a clearer one of the F350 since the last one was a little dark.

DSCN2283.jpg.f635ca567e57ccb208fcdb7a93468728.jpg

DSCN2280.jpg.7c65d7c36500cea5329787e2fe9840f3.jpg

Well, nothing is getting done on the F350 since my white Ranger has been giving me a few issues lately, and I've realized that I should probably prioritize fixing the issues with my 2002 Ranger in case the white Ranger keeps acting up and I need to DD the red Ranger for a little while. I recently installed a lowering kit on the red truck, and about all that is left to do on that truck is the fuel filter (this week), new wheels and tires, transmission fluid and filter change, add a transmission temp gauge (I don't trust automatics), and a gear oil change since I doubt it's ever been done.

I took a few pics, and took a clearer one of the F350 since the last one was a little dark.

Sounds like a good plan. It needs to be done anyway, so now is a good time.

Boy, it is hard to believe those two trucks are essentially the same. :nabble_smiley_oh: