Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

It only really happens when going from the A/C of a building into the humid outside air. Our oxygen tanks at work will pour sweat when moved from inside the hospital to the outside storage area.

It's not rare for us to dip into the 40's at night, but move to near 70-80 degrees mid-day during the "winter" season. But you're right, the weather on the coast and even 10-20 miles inland is much more mild than what we deal with in Central Florida.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: That's happened to me in Ocala!

Some stores keep the AC so cranked (go into Food Lion or something) the sweat starts evaporating and you feel you've taken the polar bear plunge.

About the time you get used to it you're done and step outside, bam!

I want to wilt.

I know. I'm just a damn yankee who is not accustomed to it, but I'd be fine with the AC at 85* and some of the humidity gone.

It doesn't matter how hydrated I am. If there's high humidity and no breeze I will be covered in sweat and can't cool down.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: That's happened to me in Ocala!

Some stores keep the AC so cranked (go into Food Lion or something) the sweat starts evaporating and you feel you've taken the polar bear plunge.

About the time you get used to it you're done and step outside, bam!

I want to wilt.

I know. I'm just a damn yankee who is not accustomed to it, but I'd be fine with the AC at 85* and some of the humidity gone.

It doesn't matter how hydrated I am. If there's high humidity and no breeze I will be covered in sweat and can't cool down.

I rarely do anything outside during the afternoon in the summer months for that reason. It's just uncomfortable. I've had heat exhaustion twice back in 2008 and I don't take the heat lightly after that.

I'm happiest at around 75* with clear skies and a nice breeze. :nabble_smiley_good:

I rarely do anything outside during the afternoon in the summer months for that reason. It's just uncomfortable. I've had heat exhaustion twice back in 2008 and I don't take the heat lightly after that.

I'm happiest at around 75* with clear skies and a nice breeze. :nabble_smiley_good:

There's a reason snowbirds flock to Florida in winter!

75 and a breeze is very nice.

But it's not summer in the swamps of central Florida.

Anyway, don't refrigerate your parts and you shouldn't have rust problems if you simply keep them oiled, waxed or greased.

There are plenty of products that will do that.

Some -like T9, Boshield- are too expensive for what they are, IMHO.

But -whatever- is priceless if it keeps your tools and parts undamaged.

Anyway, don't refrigerate your parts and you shouldn't have rust problems if you simply keep them oiled, waxed or greased.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll be keeping them oiled and an eye on them regularly until they go to the machine shop. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll be keeping them oiled and an eye on them regularly until they go to the machine shop. :nabble_smiley_good:

Brought some parts home this weekend. Mainly wanted the Sterling full float with 4.10's and the 460 frame perches, but ended up bringing home the entire front half of the frame so that I can rob the 4x4 specific parts from it. Also brought home a bricknose manual steering column, HD rear leaf springs, and some misc. odds and ends.

Screenshot_20201213-212600_Gallery.thumb.jpg.360dbd5f21b8c596d0a562b648f736f1.jpg

All of these parts came from the below "truck".

120134487_3283023778460386_4074453608902907125_n.jpg.9c4eeec401d4e7c399d220c20991e069.jpg

Brought some parts home this weekend. Mainly wanted the Sterling full float with 4.10's and the 460 frame perches, but ended up bringing home the entire front half of the frame so that I can rob the 4x4 specific parts from it. Also brought home a bricknose manual steering column, HD rear leaf springs, and some misc. odds and ends.

Looks like quite the haul, Shaun. How did you get that stuff loaded? The axle by itself is HEAVY!

That's quite the swamp buggy.:nabble_smiley_good:

Looks like quite the haul, Shaun. How did you get that stuff loaded? The axle by itself is HEAVY!

Thanks guys!

Gary, my buddy's father has a landscaping business, so we used his Bobcat to load everything in my truck. I used my engine crane to lift the axle, drove the truck out from under it, and then lowered it to the ground. Then I did the same thing with the frame, so as not to risk damaging my truck.

Jim, the pinhole cowl was in rough shape, and ended up getting cut in half with the rest of the cab.

One interesting thing to note, the cab was cracked around the passenger side hinge area, just like my cab is. I'm relatively new to this cracking phenomenon, is this a bricknose thing? Has anybody seen this on a bullnose? I cut a section out of my spare bullnose cab to repair my cab, but just found it interesting to see another truck with the same issue.