Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

My reasoning is twofold. First, I was able to get the short block for about what machine work and parts was going to cost me. Second, I got a warranty, which I wouldn't have had with one I assembled.

Did some small things to the F350 today, like install the A/C control unit with dual tank switch, and gave the old girl a wash to get rid of the plant life that was trying to grow on her. Also pulled out the engine and transmission to strip some more grime and blow the cobwebs away. Just chopping away at my list of to-dos. :nabble_smiley_good:

Screenshot_20200919-162542_Gallery.thumb.jpg.747d49e6a26aa4e5c4d3e0b046459a80.jpg

Screenshot_20200919-162521_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4a414f5acfdb631d6d53463ff275cac8.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some small things to the F350 today, like install the A/C control unit with dual tank switch, and gave the old girl a wash to get rid of the plant life that was trying to grow on her. Also pulled out the engine and transmission to strip some more grime and blow the cobwebs away. Just chopping away at my list of to-dos. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's going to be a good lookin' truck!:nabble_smiley_good: What are your plans for wheels?

Ticking things off the list is FUN! Good job, Shaun!

It's going to be a good lookin' truck!:nabble_smiley_good: What are your plans for wheels?

Thanks guys! Spent the rest of the night rebuilding the DSII harness since some of the wires were frail.

As for the wheels, there are three types I have in mind for this truck.

The old classic polished aluminum bullet hole in 16x10, black Cragar Soft 8 style wheels in 16x10, and the stock 16" wheels I have now but with some meaty and skinny tires, like these trucks had in the 80s. I'll have to decide the final choice down the road.

Thanks guys! Spent the rest of the night rebuilding the DSII harness since some of the wires were frail.

The old classic polished aluminum bullet hole in 16x10, black Cragar Soft 8 style wheels in 16x10, and the stock 16" wheels I have now but with some meaty and skinny tires, like these trucks had in the 80s. I'll have to decide the final choice down the road.

As you know, I like the bullet hole wheels. But they don't seem quite right for an F350, or a wanna-be F350 like Big Blue. And the Cragar Soft 8's are similar in my thoughts. Kinda fancy for a heavy duty truck.

So my likes run to the stock-style wheel.

As you know, I like the bullet hole wheels. But they don't seem quite right for an F350, or a wanna-be F350 like Big Blue. And the Cragar Soft 8's are similar in my thoughts. Kinda fancy for a heavy duty truck.

So my likes run to the stock-style wheel.

Right now with the white stock wheels, the truck reminds me of a mid 70's F250 with a divorced transfer case (highboy) and I can't say I'm against that look. :nabble_smiley_good:

So big or skinny and tall... Either would look good, can't go wrong really.:nabble_smiley_good: