Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

I am, but the 80-81 shift levers used in the T18 have a different end length than an 83+ T19. Jonathan feels the same way I do about the early shift levers and has already tried it. My only option if I REALLY want the threaded knob is to cut the end off of my NP435 lever and weld it to an actual T-19 lever.

So you just need from the retaining collar down?

I need to scour my pile of stuff.

I may still have the stick if it didn't get forfeited in the move.

Do you have an '80-'81 transfer case lever?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162108261617

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you just need from the retaining collar down?

I need to scour my pile of stuff.

I may still have the stick if it didn't get forfeited in the move.

Do you have an '80-'81 transfer case lever?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162108261617

I need the entire lever, from knob to the part that engages the shift rails.

If you look back at my photo, you'll see that same t-case lever you posted mounted on the housing. Uhaul had two, I bought the other one last year. Couldn't pass up that price.

I need the entire lever, from knob to the part that engages the shift rails.

If you look back at my photo, you'll see that same t-case lever you posted mounted on the housing. Uhaul had two, I bought the other one last year. Couldn't pass up that price.

If I have it it's complete, even the boot.

I never pushed the button and slid the top half off.

In any case, nice job man. Looks good.

Need a windshield too, huh?...lol.

Thanks!

That's my $250 mistake. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Yes nice job.

I also don't think I get all that much heat coming from any of them areas for the need to put mat down.

At some point I want to install carpet and that should take care of the noise & any heat coming from that area.

Just my .02

Dave ----

Thanks!

My heat worries are based on my daily driver, which isn't a bullnose/bricknose so it may not have the same issues. But I'd rather take care of it now than later when everything is in the truck.

So the 5 sheets you ordered won't be enough to also do the doors? I was asking to figure out how many sheets I'll need.

Not in my case. I figure at least one sheet will go to the roof panels, another will go to the floors, another to the back wall, and the remaining will go to the outer door skins. That leaves the inner door skins bare. If you choose not to use a whole sheet on the transmission tunnel like I did, and plan out where you put all of your sheets, you could probably make the 25 sq ft last for everything. But I'll end up ordering another 10sq ft for the doors at a later date.

Thats going to be a stout truck man!! You will break yourself before breaking the t19! seen 1000hp n/a big blocks sled pulling and not fiz them one bit. Even letting the clutch out at 5500rpm haha

Thats going to be a stout truck man!! You will break yourself before breaking the t19! seen 1000hp n/a big blocks sled pulling and not fiz them one bit. Even letting the clutch out at 5500rpm haha

Yea, as soon as I saw the listing on Ebay and saw it was only two hours away, I had to jump on it. Figured if I was going 460, there was a reason they put the T19 behind them in these trucks.

Yea, as soon as I saw the listing on Ebay and saw it was only two hours away, I had to jump on it. Figured if I was going 460, there was a reason they put the T19 behind them in these trucks.

Received my firewall brace from JBG today. I don't know who makes these for JBG, but they do a poor job of making sure the piece is correctly inserted into the press when they make bends in steel. It became pretty apparent that this bracket wasn't going to fit unless I beat the side flange (the one with three bolts) down where they screwed up the bend, and then had to bend it back to meet the firewall. But it's on, and now it's coated in paint awaiting final install tomorrow evening. Then I can touch up/replace the seam sealer on the firewall and start final (hopefully) reassembly of the interior. :nabble_anim_jump:

Screenshot_20200521-212414_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5fc42d4d12657fb35d510c9811b014f2.jpg

Received my firewall brace from JBG today. I don't know who makes these for JBG, but they do a poor job of making sure the piece is correctly inserted into the press when they make bends in steel. It became pretty apparent that this bracket wasn't going to fit unless I beat the side flange (the one with three bolts) down where they screwed up the bend, and then had to bend it back to meet the firewall. But it's on, and now it's coated in paint awaiting final install tomorrow evening. Then I can touch up/replace the seam sealer on the firewall and start final (hopefully) reassembly of the interior. :nabble_anim_jump:

Its a shame that the new one isn't, or wasn't, done well. Mine that Jason made was just right.

And yours wasn't painted?

That’s a bummer on the manufacturing.

Good job getting it in!