Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I didn't know there were HD versions of the 1356, nor one with a PTO. Cool!

I didn't either - just that the 4spds could have them.

Good buy!

T-18's have a single PTO on the right.

T-19's have PTO's on both sides.

It's the quickest way to tell the difference.

The NP gear boxes have an aluminum lid.

T-18's have a single PTO on the right.

T-19's have PTO's on both sides.

It's the quickest way to tell the difference.

The NP gear boxes have an aluminum lid.

Spent some time today scrubbing everything down. Also made a quick bar to see whether or not I could use my 80-81 shift lever. Short answer is yes, and it seems to work okay like this. But does anybody see a reason why this won't work? I'm mainly referring to the angle of the bar. I'll be making a new bar down the road once I install the drivetrain so that I can make sure the lever doesn't end up in the dash. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20200504-214515_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a5ae5b51efebaedc9468d40ac7b51bb9.jpg

Spent some time today scrubbing everything down. Also made a quick bar to see whether or not I could use my 80-81 shift lever. Short answer is yes, and it seems to work okay like this. But does anybody see a reason why this won't work? I'm mainly referring to the angle of the bar. I'll be making a new bar down the road once I install the drivetrain so that I can make sure the lever doesn't end up in the dash. Thoughts?

Angles look good to me.

I've never had an early shifter, so I'm not sure how far forward they travel.

Angles look good to me.

I've never had an early shifter, so I'm not sure how far forward they travel.

This one seems to move and feel identical to what my old NP208 running a stock lever assembly felt like, so I think it will probably be okay. After doing a little more searching I realized the 88+ style bar for the lever on a ZF/1356 is at a very similar angle so it should be okay.

This one seems to move and feel identical to what my old NP208 running a stock lever assembly felt like, so I think it will probably be okay. After doing a little more searching I realized the 88+ style bar for the lever on a ZF/1356 is at a very similar angle so it should be okay.

Yes, I think you'll be fine. But, you may have to lengthen the bar a bit to get the lever where you want it. You've seen my trick to make it adjustable, right?

Yes, I think you'll be fine. But, you may have to lengthen the bar a bit to get the lever where you want it. You've seen my trick to make it adjustable, right?

I actually thought of your setup as I was making this. Down the road I will probably do something similar.

I actually thought of your setup as I was making this. Down the road I will probably do something similar.

Found a little something at the junkyard. $40. :nabble_smiley_good:

Screenshot_20200509-102239_Gallery.thumb.jpg.699b4b5edf900eca47e2036b357970a9.jpg