Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

As my father would say, you are going to keep us in suspenders and not tell us? :nabble_smiley_sad:

I can tell you now. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Today I picked up a 1987 Borg Warner T19 mated to a Borg Warner 1356. It came with the shifters, linkage, two pressure plates, a flywheel, the floor inspection cover, and boots. It was removed from a retired (in 2019) F350 brush truck in favor of a ZF5 swap. The best part is, the truck only has 54,000 miles. :nabble_smiley_good:

Super nice seller, and I mentioned the site to him. He said he had heard of it, and I told him if he ever had any questions about his 87 C&C to drop on by and join up.

s-l1600.jpg.900bba1ac62d4ad792189e0fbb2effbe.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my father would say, you are going to keep us in suspenders and not tell us? :nabble_smiley_sad:

I can tell you now. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Today I picked up a 1987 Borg Warner T19 mated to a Borg Warner 1356. It came with the shifters, linkage, two pressure plates, a flywheel, the floor inspection cover, and boots. It was removed from a retired (in 2019) F350 brush truck in favor of a ZF5 swap. The best part is, the truck only has 54,000 miles. :nabble_smiley_good:

Super nice seller, and I mentioned the site to him. He said he had heard of it, and I told him if he ever had any questions about his 87 C&C to drop on by and join up.

Well, that all looks hauntingly familiar!

What's he using for a TC now?

Well, that all looks hauntingly familiar!

What's he using for a TC now?

It's hauntingly heavy, that's for sure.

I believe he's probably running the 1356 that came with his ZF5.

I did verify that this is the heavy duty 1356 with PTO as well.

It's hauntingly heavy, that's for sure.

I believe he's probably running the 1356 that came with his ZF5.

I did verify that this is the heavy duty 1356 with PTO as well.

Oh interesting!

So a PTO on each side of the T-19 and a third (fifth position) on the 1356 too?

That truck must have some tales to tell.

Oh interesting!

So a PTO on each side of the T-19 and a third (fifth position) on the 1356 too?

That truck must have some tales to tell.

Yep!

He told me it belonged to a fire department up here in north Florida, and he bought it less than a year ago. He also had a super cool 1950 Ford F-3? Fire Truck that was a Marmon Harrington conversion. I have a thing for old Ford fire apparatus so it was really cool to see.

What's funny is that I read the PTO transfer case was an option on Diesel trucks, but this was on a C&C 460. :nabble_anim_confused:

Yep!

He told me it belonged to a fire department up here in north Florida, and he bought it less than a year ago. He also had a super cool 1950 Ford F-3? Fire Truck that was a Marmon Harrington conversion. I have a thing for old Ford fire apparatus so it was really cool to see.

What's funny is that I read the PTO transfer case was an option on Diesel trucks, but this was on a C&C 460. :nabble_anim_confused:

I can see the advantage over a gearbox mounted PTO if they're using it to drive a pump.

Soooo, are you installing a 20k winch?

I can see the advantage over a gearbox mounted PTO if they're using it to drive a pump.

Soooo, are you installing a 20k winch?

I'm just gonna turn the truck into a tractor at this point. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

That is great! Good find. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for fire trucks, you are in the right place for that. My DiL's father used to build them there in Ocala.

But I didn't know there were HD versions of the 1356, nor one with a PTO. Cool!

As for fire trucks, you are in the right place for that. My DiL's father used to build them there in Ocala.

I agree, well worth the drive. Just need to find a bellhousing and it will all be complete.

E-One is a less than reputable company here. E-One and Lockheed Martin are great jobs until the contracts are completed and you're laid off.

I agree, well worth the drive. Just need to find a bellhousing and it will all be complete.

E-One is a less than reputable company here. E-One and Lockheed Martin are great jobs until the contracts are completed and you're laid off.

He was laid off by E-One, and what you've heard is what I've heard.