Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Man that thing is jacked!

I had a dream about this last night. I saw Big Blue from a distance and he was way up in the air. Then, when I got closer, I realized he was sitting on scaffolding, tires dangling in the breeze. :nabble_smiley_scared:

No idea why I had that dream, or nightmare, but it sure fit in.

Well, Big Blue has been on the lift for quite some time. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream about this last night. I saw Big Blue from a distance and he was way up in the air. Then, when I got closer, I realized he was sitting on scaffolding, tires dangling in the breeze. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Well, Big Blue has been on the lift for quite some time. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Sorta - all four tires are touching the ground but I don't take the weight completely off the lift 'cause the lift arms might move. So yes, he's been on the lift for quite some time. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Gary, I think you need a break from the trucks... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Gary, I think you need a break from the trucks... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thanks guys, I expect the truck to drop down an inch or two with the drivetrain in. I'm 6'4" tall and the top of the cab is almost 7'. So it's definitely up there.

As for Florida, Jim is correct, things grow like wild here. Nature, the crime rate, the amount of people moving here, the cost of living, the median housing cost, etc. The only thing that seems to grow poorly here are the amount of people with manners and agriculture.

Thanks guys, I expect the truck to drop down an inch or two with the drivetrain in. I'm 6'4" tall and the top of the cab is almost 7'. So it's definitely up there.

As for Florida, Jim is correct, things grow like wild here. Nature, the crime rate, the amount of people moving here, the cost of living, the median housing cost, etc. The only thing that seems to grow poorly here are the amount of people with manners and agriculture.

Well some things have happened. I decided to put the bed back on the truck for the sake of seeing it look more complete and hopefully providing motivation to get it done. Let me tell you, that worked 100%. I am so ready to get this truck going.

I received my factory XLT emblems a few days ago, and today was the install day. The XLT script on the emblems has some discoloration, which fits the theme of the truck since the paint is rough and so are all the body panels. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have the firewall brace from JBG on the way, as well as some sound deadening for the firewall. Once that stuff is in and installed, I'll put the dash and everything else back in and that should be the last time it has to come out.

Screenshot_20200328-204847_Gallery.thumb.jpg.424472f94865ac54d353ef80e99a1b39.jpg

Screenshot_20200328-204917_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5d7bcf98944f0f0534efa00908466ca2.jpg

Well some things have happened. I decided to put the bed back on the truck for the sake of seeing it look more complete and hopefully providing motivation to get it done. Let me tell you, that worked 100%. I am so ready to get this truck going.

I received my factory XLT emblems a few days ago, and today was the install day. The XLT script on the emblems has some discoloration, which fits the theme of the truck since the paint is rough and so are all the body panels. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have the firewall brace from JBG on the way, as well as some sound deadening for the firewall. Once that stuff is in and installed, I'll put the dash and everything else back in and that should be the last time it has to come out.

It is coming together nicely, Shaun! I think that inspiration is going to make a big difference. :nabble_anim_claps:

Finally have a rear bumper once again. Just need to clean it up a little more, rust proof the inside, re-caulk the step plate and she'll be good to go.

Hopefully in the next few weeks my RSK will be in and I can start putting the truck back on all four wheels. Then I can start work on drivetrain things! :nabble_smiley_good:

What kind of caulk did you use on the bumper step plate?

Finally have a rear bumper once again. Just need to clean it up a little more, rust proof the inside, re-caulk the step plate and she'll be good to go.