Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Looks great Shaun!

This is going to be a productive vacation.

You're making a lot of progress.

And pride in accomplishment is not a bad thing.

You'll certainly have something to show for your effort. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Jim! Wish I was closer to getting it running, but considering I basically started with just a frame, rear axle, front clip, and a bed, I think I'm doing pretty good.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jim! Wish I was closer to getting it running, but considering I basically started with just a frame, rear axle, front clip, and a bed, I think I'm doing pretty good.

I think you are doing a lot better than "pretty good". And I'm going to have to hustle or you'll beat me. :nabble_anim_claps:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gary! Once the truck is on all four wheels, I can really start trying to nail down the drivetrain.

Well I set a goal to have the truck on all four wheels by the end of my vacation, and here we are! :nabble_anim_jump: The new springs put the truck only an inch above where I had it, which is perfect because I'll lose some height with the drivetrain installed, and then regain a little bit of height once I put on some bigger tires.

We're also coming up to a year since I started this project, so maybe by next year I'll be much closer to getting it running. Still have to chase down a lot of parts, but I think that's one of the best parts about building one of these trucks.

(Fuzzy pictures are no Bueno, I need a new camera)

All_4_wheels.jpg.4fe63c1410bfca3906b3d301a4f643b0.jpg

All_4_wheels_2.jpg.2350e2babc5aefbd199f7d17a82789f2.jpg

Well I set a goal to have the truck on all four wheels by the end of my vacation, and here we are! :nabble_anim_jump: The new springs put the truck only an inch above where I had it, which is perfect because I'll lose some height with the drivetrain installed, and then regain a little bit of height once I put on some bigger tires.

We're also coming up to a year since I started this project, so maybe by next year I'll be much closer to getting it running. Still have to chase down a lot of parts, but I think that's one of the best parts about building one of these trucks.

(Fuzzy pictures are no Bueno, I need a new camera)

Yippeee!!!! Congrat's! In the words of Paul Simon, “Say, ain’t we walking down the same street together

On the very same day?”

How far is it from the ground to the flat on your wheelwells? Big Blue's are at 43" w/o the engine.

Yippeee!!!! Congrat's! In the words of Paul Simon, “Say, ain’t we walking down the same street together

On the very same day?”

How far is it from the ground to the flat on your wheelwells? Big Blue's are at 43" w/o the engine.

Thanks guys!

Yippeee!!!! Congrat's!

I'm at 45" to the flats. So definitely a bit higher than BB, but it's basically where I want it (sans engine).

Thanks guys!

Yippeee!!!! Congrat's!

I'm at 45" to the flats. So definitely a bit higher than BB, but it's basically where I want it (sans engine).

How much do you guess our trucks will drop with everything in/on?

How much do you guess our trucks will drop with everything in/on?

Yours will probably drop at least 2" since you're running well-worn in OEM springs. Mine is hard to say because they're brand new and they have four leaves each pack. Probably 1.5-2 inches when all is said and done.

It's hard to say though, my shackle angles are not where they're supposed to be with this RSK, but I believe the aftermarket packs run a little shorter than the OEM packs do, which may be why. Hopefully when the springs compress under the weight of the engine they'll move back the other way to a usable angle.