Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Sure doesn't feel like I'm ahead of you. Your truck has a drivetrain. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, it does. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The engine is on the stand. The transmission is in the corner where it has been waiting for two years. And the t-case is in the storm shelter with a box of replacement parts sitting on it awaiting a rebuild.

The seal for the right axle just came in, so I can get the front axle together. Then the engine & tranny in and I can see what the springs look like.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure doesn't feel like I'm ahead of you. Your truck has a drivetrain. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, it does. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The engine is on the stand. The transmission is in the corner where it has been waiting for two years. And the t-case is in the storm shelter with a box of replacement parts sitting on it awaiting a rebuild.

The seal for the right axle just came in, so I can get the front axle together. Then the engine & tranny in and I can see what the springs look like.

You'll get that done long before I do. lol.

The t-case is in the storm shelter with a box of replacement parts sitting on it awaiting a rebuild.

A man's got to have his priorities, amirite? :nabble_smiley_tongue:

I hope Janey has some knitting notions in there to keep her busy when the sirens go off!

Nah. We don't go in there very often. One time last year we had the whole neighborhood over and the gals and kids did go in. Video and storm trackers later showed that it went over the house, but didn't come down.

Awful picture, but the bumper fits! :nabble_anim_jump:

Had to basically enlarge the factory recesses for the leaf springs, and cut all the tabs off of the center section so that the bumper was flush. All of the tabs hit the bar on the front crossmember, hence why they needed to go. Otherwise, nothing else was done to the bumper and I don't feel that the modifications made the bumper any weaker than it already was.

After seeing the RSK mounted, it's becoming clear that I'll need to run lift springs to keep the truck where it's at. I like the height I have it at now, and don't want to go much lower than what the drivetrain and bed will set it at.

Awful picture, but the bumper fits! :nabble_anim_jump:

Had to basically enlarge the factory recesses for the leaf springs, and cut all the tabs off of the center section so that the bumper was flush. All of the tabs hit the bar on the front crossmember, hence why they needed to go. Otherwise, nothing else was done to the bumper and I don't feel that the modifications made the bumper any weaker than it already was.

After seeing the RSK mounted, it's becoming clear that I'll need to run lift springs to keep the truck where it's at. I like the height I have it at now, and don't want to go much lower than what the drivetrain and bed will set it at.

Congrat's!!!

But, that seems a bit high. You're going to lift it from there?

I think he wants it right where it is.

But it's going to sag when the jack stands come out and the engine is in, so he needs more spring.

Exactly. I have a weird mindset where my trucks have to be taller than me. I hate getting into short vehicles. As you can see, both of my trucks meet that requirement right where they are. :nabble_smiley_good:

DSCN2034.jpg.80c164770fdb2753a16c239bc5b47330.jpg

I think he wants it right where it is.

But it's going to sag when the jack stands come out and the engine is in, so he needs more spring.

Exactly. I have a weird mindset where my trucks have to be taller than me. I hate getting into short vehicles. As you can see, both of my trucks meet that requirement right where they are. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks great Shaun!

This is going to be a productive vacation.

You're making a lot of progress.

And pride in accomplishment is not a bad thing.

You'll certainly have something to show for your effort. :nabble_smiley_good: