Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Thanks!

Full-float Sterling is installed. Today I learned that semi-float and full-float axles have different length lug studs, and my nice closed-end lug nuts that fit the studs on my semi-float Sterling won't fit the studs on my full-float Sterling. New lug nuts are on the way. I'm hoping the nice ones I have will work with an aftermarket wheel with a thicker bore, but they definitely don't work with steelies.

DSCN2275.jpg.75a958512692981333735f0b9d1593f4.jpg

Full-float Sterling is installed. Today I learned that semi-float and full-float axles have different length lug studs, and my nice closed-end lug nuts that fit the studs on my semi-float Sterling won't fit the studs on my full-float Sterling. New lug nuts are on the way. I'm hoping the nice ones I have will work with an aftermarket wheel with a thicker bore, but they definitely don't work with steelies.

Looking good, Shaun! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm sure you could press shorter studs in (if need be)

What type of wheels have you got for your truck, Alcoas or something similar?

Looking good. I like that big hub sticking out in back. But I wish mine were as black as yours. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks Gary! Me too. Actually looks like an F350 now.

Nothing yet. I've been watching Marketplace waiting for a deal like Cory found for his truck, but Marketplace is full of 16.5's and I'm not willing to go down that road.

Nothing yet. I've been watching Marketplace waiting for a deal like Cory found for his truck, but Marketplace is full of 16.5's and I'm not willing to go down that road.

Great! An accomplishment!

Yeah, unless you're into leftover Humvee tires there's not much reason for 16.5" anything, these days.

Yeah, unless you're into leftover Humvee tires there's not much reason for 16.5" anything, these days.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Even 15's and 16's are becoming outdated with the large wheel craze that's going on.

I'm enjoying your build, Shaun! Looks great!