Bullnose Forum

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Thanks guys! I'm definitely glad to have found one in good shape.

Picked up another necessary part to my 460/T19 swap. Paid dearly, but it is what it is. These things aren't easy to find for $100 anymore. People know what they are and what they're worth.

Screenshot_20200514-121810_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9918cfcdbab1ab65ada025b960969ff1.jpg

Picked up another necessary part to my 460/T19 swap. Paid dearly, but it is what it is. These things aren't easy to find for $100 anymore. People know what they are and what they're worth.

If you got it for $100 you did well. I just sold one for $200 + shipping. :nabble_anim_claps:

If you got it for $100 you did well. I just sold one for $200 + shipping. :nabble_anim_claps:

I paid a little more than what you sold yours for. I was merely stating finding these for any less isn't easy anymore.

And to think I let mine go for $50 when I installed my Zf..

I paid a little more than what you sold yours for. I was merely stating finding these for any less isn't easy anymore.

Oh. Ok. Wish I'd thought about you before I sold it.

What else do you need?

Oh. Ok. Wish I'd thought about you before I sold it.

What else do you need?

I was still not sure about the 460 when you pulled your T19, and I didn't even know I needed a bellhousing until I bought this transmission without the bellhousing. So no worries. Only two things I need for this transmission now are the clutch fork boot and the shift lever. The lever that came with the transmission is from a 1970's International Harvester Pickup T18 and not suitable for use in our trucks per my discussion with Jonathan.

Oh, and whatever bracket holds the slave to the bellhousing. E4TZ7A603B?

I was still not sure about the 460 when you pulled your T19, and I didn't even know I needed a bellhousing until I bought this transmission without the bellhousing. So no worries. Only two things I need for this transmission now are the clutch fork boot and the shift lever. The lever that came with the transmission is from a 1970's International Harvester Pickup T18 and not suitable for use in our trucks per my discussion with Jonathan.

Oh, and whatever bracket holds the slave to the bellhousing. E4TZ7A603B?

I thought you were a big fan of early style shifters?

The straight stick is going to 'stick out' like a sore thumb.

I thought you were a big fan of early style shifters?

The straight stick is going to 'stick out' like a sore thumb.

I am, but the 80-81 shift levers used in the T18 have a different end length than an 83+ T19. Jonathan feels the same way I do about the early shift levers and has already tried it. My only option if I REALLY want the threaded knob is to cut the end off of my NP435 lever and weld it to an actual T-19 lever.