Bullnose Forum

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Looks like you installed a later striker bolt? One with the guard? Can't tell, but did you do the PEX upgrade?

Don't forget, this is a 1990. The bushing is original, and in what seems to be good shape.

However, I have four total striker bolts with a guard, which means my old 86 parts cab had them too. And I'm willing to bet they were original as the paint was marked in the shape of the guard.

Looks like you installed a later striker bolt? One with the guard? Can't tell, but did you do the PEX upgrade?

Don't forget, this is a 1990. The bushing is original, and in what seems to be good shape.

However, I have four total striker bolts with a guard, which means my old 86 parts cab had them too. And I'm willing to bet they were original as the paint was marked in the shape of the guard.

My 86 didn’t have the guards, but could have been replaced, many times!

My 86 didn’t have the guards, but could have been replaced, many times!

Page one of this thread has a picture which shows the striker w/guard in place before I stripped the old cab down. Both sides had them. This was a very, very late 86, which may be why it has strikers with guards.

Page one of this thread has a picture which shows the striker w/guard in place before I stripped the old cab down. Both sides had them. This was a very, very late 86, which may be why it has strikers with guards.

My '87 (built 10/'86) has them, but I'd like to go with the later ones.

Shaun - So there are at least three versions of the striker?

1. The 1980 - late '86 one with no guard

2. The very late '86 to 1991ish with a guard but with the large washer held on by the threads

3. 1992 - 1996, if Cory is right, which has the guard also serving as the washer, and it comes off.

Is that about right?

Shaun - So there are at least three versions of the striker?

1. The 1980 - late '86 one with no guard

2. The very late '86 to 1991ish with a guard but with the large washer held on by the threads

3. 1992 - 1996, if Cory is right, which has the guard also serving as the washer, and it comes off.

Is that about right?

Nope. All of the guarded strikers I have (1986 and 1990) do not have a large washer, the guard serves as the washer.

When I tried to pull one of the strikers out of the 86 guards, it stripped out and was worthless at that point. I'm afraid to even try on the 1990 ones.

Nope. All of the guarded strikers I have (1986 and 1990) do not have a large washer, the guard serves as the washer.

When I tried to pull one of the strikers out of the 86 guards, it stripped out and was worthless at that point. I'm afraid to even try on the 1990 ones.

Ok, I'm confused.