Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Cool! I like the color. :nabble_smiley_good:

I figured you would. Didn't really occur to me until I cleaned it up how close it was. Unfortunately it's not the original wimbledon white that this truck left the assembly line as, but I'm not in any hurry to change it back, it's a nice color for sure. I will post update pictures another day since the cab is already sitting on the frame.

I figured you would. Didn't really occur to me until I cleaned it up how close it was. Unfortunately it's not the original wimbledon white that this truck left the assembly line as, but I'm not in any hurry to change it back, it's a nice color for sure. I will post update pictures another day since the cab is already sitting on the frame.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Are you going for the white on the finished product?

Are you going for the white on the finished product?

Honestly, paint is at the very end of my list, and I'll be driving this truck multi-colored for quite some time before paint happens. And I may never get around to painting it. I really don't know at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, paint is at the very end of my list, and I'll be driving this truck multi-colored for quite some time before paint happens. And I may never get around to painting it. I really don't know at this point.

Well here's the "better" picture I mentioned. Got the cab back on the frame, and it's starting to look like a truck again.

DSCN1979_LI.jpg.0b6f6264f9bffbfacf296d7794fab153.jpg

Also have the bullnose dash 75% mounted. Need to make the upper mounts solid and then the dash will be ready for permanent installation.

DSCN1978.jpg.a00f09da14073534198f21256c8ee917.jpg

Well here's the "better" picture I mentioned. Got the cab back on the frame, and it's starting to look like a truck again.

Also have the bullnose dash 75% mounted. Need to make the upper mounts solid and then the dash will be ready for permanent installation.

You are really making progress, Shaun. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes sir, looking good. I'd love to be that far on my 85.

Thanks guys. I'm determined to get this one done, that's for sure. Next course of action is to get the truck sitting on all four wheels. From there I can start working on the drivetrain.

Thanks guys. I'm determined to get this one done, that's for sure. Next course of action is to get the truck sitting on all four wheels. From there I can start working on the drivetrain.

Before you mount the dash you may want to mount the firewall pad & HVAC box.

Trying to work around & behind the dash can be a PITA.

Dave ----