Bullnose Forums

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

Thanks Gary! I'm happy with it. Now I need to focus on finishing the firewall and then move on to the floors and back of the cab. After that it's the bed.

Firewall patch is finished, just needs paint. I haven't done the fender mount yet, but will probably tackle that next week. I have a rust hole in the lower part of the firewall that I want to knock out first.

Really glad to have the firewall back together. Just wish the PO (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/florida-man-42_orig.jpg) had never lifted the cab by that mount in the first place.

345188336_769646797902992_7145764076250149330_n.thumb.jpg.33ed9223aefff591996e20857cdb9328.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firewall patch is finished, just needs paint. I haven't done the fender mount yet, but will probably tackle that next week. I have a rust hole in the lower part of the firewall that I want to knock out first.

Really glad to have the firewall back together. Just wish the PO (:nabble_florida-man-42_orig:) had never lifted the cab by that mount in the first place.

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: sure gets around. What a job he did on both your truck and mine. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But your patch job looks good and will work out well. :nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: sure gets around. What a job he did on both your truck and mine. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I've now fixed or removed everything that :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: did to the truck. Now it's a matter of fixing what should have been fixed properly the first time, like the rocker panel rust and the back of the cab rust.

• 4 weeks later...

I've now fixed or removed everything that :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: did to the truck. Now it's a matter of fixing what should have been fixed properly the first time, like the rocker panel rust and the back of the cab rust.

I finally finished fixing the broken outer firewall panel, so I put the fenders back on the truck this weekend. I still need to fix a small spot at the transmission tunnel, but can do that with the fenders on. I already removed the molding from the door after this photo was taken.

I'm glad to have the old girl back to looking like a truck, and not having rusty doors that are full of bondo. :nabble_smiley_good:

Screenshot_2023-05-29_221422.jpg.bb16ce54af8df6dccc5c0afc77f36bef.jpg

I finally finished fixing the broken outer firewall panel, so I put the fenders back on the truck this weekend. I still need to fix a small spot at the transmission tunnel, but can do that with the fenders on. I already removed the molding from the door after this photo was taken.

I'm glad to have the old girl back to looking like a truck, and not having rusty doors that are full of bondo. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looking good, Shaun! That’s PROGRESS!!!!!!!

Nice!

• 5 months later...

Nice!

After a few months of no progress (Florida is hot), I finally made it back out and finished up the firewall repairs. Used the good sheet metal from one of my old doors to make the repair panels. A few booger welds later and she's nice and solid. I still need to paint and seam seal the repairs, but I'm glad to have this done. Next rust repair project is the passenger side kick panel, and then either back of the cab or the rocker panels. I still need to determine whether I want to make the back of cab repair panels, or rob a section from a junkyard truck. There's a body line in the back of the cab that I might need to replicate, hence the uncertainty.

399567966_10223985446479105_5783298605122602046_n.thumb.jpg.df17e1343b309d425cf6f814e59e87f9.jpg

400598522_10223985445999093_5373033032456584303_n.thumb.jpg.c9b6ae605f5265bc78b3c63b3b6a3d94.jpg

After a few months of no progress (Florida is hot), I finally made it back out and finished up the firewall repairs. Used the good sheet metal from one of my old doors to make the repair panels. A few booger welds later and she's nice and solid. I still need to paint and seam seal the repairs, but I'm glad to have this done. Next rust repair project is the passenger side kick panel, and then either back of the cab or the rocker panels. I still need to determine whether I want to make the back of cab repair panels, or rob a section from a junkyard truck. There's a body line in the back of the cab that I might need to replicate, hence the uncertainty.

PROGRESS!!! :nabble_anim_claps: