Bullnose Forums

Gary's Trailer Quest

Jim - I have a friend who has a metal fab business, and he has an oven long enough to take truck frames. But not a trailer. 😳

Grumpin - Thanks. 😉

I think the first use of the trailer will be to take the mower to the dealer. It has a spindle bearing going out, and it is still under warranty.

Think the mower will fit? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll check with my neighbor to see if he wants me to take his mower in as well. :nabble_anim_blbl:

I have a tool box I will give you. I am sick of storing it :nabble_smiley_hurt:!

I will send you a pic when I can remember. It isnt huge. Something 3'X3'X3'. It is certainly of good quality. It does have one hole that needs to be closed or not. The hole is probably big enough to drop a golf ball in. The box is white and will need to be painted to match. It is not a truck bed tool box, but more of an over the road truck tool box.

It would hold a lot of straps, boomers and tie downs

I think I'll check with my neighbor to see if he wants me to take his mower in as well. :nabble_anim_blbl:

Trailer is nice for sure!

I may need to borrow it lol. Jason is wanting to buy a corvette somewhere around the OKC area. It has a blown motor (not the good kind of blown either):nabble_smiley_unhappy:. He wants to build a 200mph car to take out to the Bonneville Salt Flats. It's a bucket list thing dont ask:nabble_anim_blbl:

I have a tool box I will give you. I am sick of storing it :nabble_smiley_hurt:!

I will send you a pic when I can remember. It isnt huge. Something 3'X3'X3'. It is certainly of good quality. It does have one hole that needs to be closed or not. The hole is probably big enough to drop a golf ball in. The box is white and will need to be painted to match. It is not a truck bed tool box, but more of an over the road truck tool box.

It would hold a lot of straps, boomers and tie downs

Probably big enough to run the battery cables through...

Gary could bank some agm or gel cells (anything sealed) in there and run his winch all day long.

Probably big enough to run the battery cables through...

Gary could bank some agm or gel cells (anything sealed) in there and run his winch all day long.

Brandon? BRANDON? You exist? :nabble_smiley_cool:

Borrow my trailer? When you have a nice one with new lights, wires, and bearings? With only 2k miles on them?

Anyway, send me a pic of the tool box, but I'm knee-deep in projects, so it may be a while before I can get to it. Thanks!

Brandon? BRANDON? You exist? :nabble_smiley_cool:

Borrow my trailer? When you have a nice one with new lights, wires, and bearings? With only 2k miles on them?

Anyway, send me a pic of the tool box, but I'm knee-deep in projects, so it may be a while before I can get to it. Thanks!

If you remember the trailer discussion when I was describing how I ordered mine. I opted to not go with the dovetail . I didnt want to sacrifice the payload space since it wasnt intended for car hauling. Well when you look at something that sits as low as a vette does it presents a problem with loading and unloading. I believe the grade will be too steep to keep from ripping off ground effects. We have kicked around a few ideas as to how to avoid it. we can probably make it happen, but this is the only time I have ever wished it had the dovetail.

If you remember the trailer discussion when I was describing how I ordered mine. I opted to not go with the dovetail . I didnt want to sacrifice the payload space since it wasnt intended for car hauling. Well when you look at something that sits as low as a vette does it presents a problem with loading and unloading. I believe the grade will be too steep to keep from ripping off ground effects. We have kicked around a few ideas as to how to avoid it. we can probably make it happen, but this is the only time I have ever wished it had the dovetail.

I remember the discussion. And for what I'm doing the dovetail isn't a problem as it only lowers the rear of the vehicle a very few inches.

Trailer is nice for sure!

I may need to borrow it lol. Jason is wanting to buy a corvette somewhere around the OKC area. It has a blown motor (not the good kind of blown either):nabble_smiley_unhappy:. He wants to build a 200mph car to take out to the Bonneville Salt Flats. It's a bucket list thing dont ask:nabble_anim_blbl:

2019 ZR1 210 MPH

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-preview-article-1.3628007