Bullnose Forums

Gary's Trailer Quest

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, what I don't want to do is to pick a color that will clash with either of my tow trucks.

Black? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

According to Fred, black is about the last color to choose. Something like 90% of the other trailers are black, so it’ll never be noticed if stolen.

Janey has suggested a medium gray or Forest Green.

My brother suggested silver, but liked the Ford engine blue idea, but which one?

Jim has suggested Blue to go with my tow vehicles, but which blue?

As I think about it, my thoughts are that I want a color that is different and easily-spotted - but not pink. And, I don’t want it to clash with my tow trucks. Plus, it would be good to be able to easily buy a can of exactly that color in order to touch it up.

According to Fred, black is about the last color to choose. Something like 90% of the other trailers are black, so it’ll never be noticed if stolen.

My brother suggested silver, but liked the Ford engine blue idea, but which one?

As I think about it, my thoughts are that I want a color that is different and easily-spotted - but not pink. And, I don’t want it to clash with my tow trucks. Plus, it would be good to be able to easily buy a can of exactly that color in order to touch it up.

Another good reason not to go with black is visibility. Most trailers don't have many lights compared to cars and can be hard to see at night. Silver, white, or lighter grey will make it a lot easier to see.

Denver Broncos orange & blue.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

What is "Miller's blue"?

Probably a single stage color from their automotive division.

Why not?

It IS noticable

One thing that I want to ensure is that I can get the paint easily in order to touch up the trailer. So I want to go with something that is off-the-shelf. Something that would preferably be available in a spray can.

Since he uses SH paint, I need to contact them to see what would be easily available.