Bullnose Forums

My "little" project

PetesPonies

That's two early Bronco grilles? Am I remembering that correctly?

No, this is a 1964 F100 grille. Its been cut down 14" and the ends split and re-angled. The Bronco grille I had to enlarge, so I needed a piece from another grille. That is for my '83 Bronco.

No, this is a 1964 F100 grille. Its been cut down 14" and the ends split and re-angled. The Bronco grille I had to enlarge, so I needed a piece from another grille. That is for my '83 Bronco.

This is a '65, but the same exterior dimensions. Notice how the ends are not a 90 degree angle, they are acute? I made them 90 degrees.

1965-f100-front.jpg.98a2b42e77a87cd40f7ca319a117f517.jpg

Good explanation. Thanks. I was confusing your Bronco and this truck.

I'm heading to Charlotte Auto Fair next week. My goal is to drive this. So . . . I think can get it done. Grille is hanging on it's own here :) It will be painted a two tone, black and silver. I'm hoping to be able to do that this weekend.

grille_fitment.jpg.a6e3baeb04c524897fb708c49748bdb7.jpg

I'm heading to Charlotte Auto Fair next week. My goal is to drive this. So . . . I think can get it done. Grille is hanging on it's own here :) It will be painted a two tone, black and silver. I'm hoping to be able to do that this weekend.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes.

That's really cool Pete.

Looks good.

Will it have FORD letters bolted to the grill?

I enjoy doing that kind of work and why I used the style side bed floor in my flare side and adding driving lights in to the front bumper.

Dave ----

'64 didn't have any letters in the grille. They had letters right above it. On the 61-66 trucks, there is an upper valance which bolts to the grille. The hood closes down against the valance. If you look at the '65 I posted above, you will see a similar deal. Obviously the Ranger is so small, that valance must be omitted. I am considering letters on the hood front. I have previously done the same with a '61 grille and another Ranger that I eventually sold. The '61 had letters stamped with the grille, nothing above on the valance.

'64 didn't have any letters in the grille. They had letters right above it. On the 61-66 trucks, there is an upper valance which bolts to the grille. The hood closes down against the valance. If you look at the '65 I posted above, you will see a similar deal. Obviously the Ranger is so small, that valance must be omitted. I am considering letters on the hood front. I have previously done the same with a '61 grille and another Ranger that I eventually sold. The '61 had letters stamped with the grille, nothing above on the valance.

Got it, what made me ask about the letters is the openings I guess for the park / turn lights.

When I looked at it quickly and lack of sleep that is what I though.

That is also why I think Gary said it might be from an early Bronco because where the lights are placed.

I do see where the letters & valance are on the older truck and why it cant be done on yours.

The hood I guess is the only option if you want letters.

What ever you do I know it will look good.

Dave ----