Bullnose Forums

My "little" project

PetesPonies

Got it, what made me ask about the letters is the openings I guess for the park / turn lights.

When I looked at it quickly and lack of sleep that is what I though.

That is also why I think Gary said it might be from an early Bronco because where the lights are placed.

I do see where the letters & valance are on the older truck and why it cant be done on yours.

The hood I guess is the only option if you want letters.

What ever you do I know it will look good.

Dave ----

Wally goes on his maiden voyage tomorrow to Charlotte for the Auto Fair. Basically he's done, a few things I still need to take care of, but he's usable.

wally_done_7.jpg.8b9917160c13a1795974c7ad0bd28cbd.jpg

wally_done_5.jpg.f3feef0b3155172fdba9aa8821389700.jpg

wally_done_3.jpg.3850c1e1a345c6152709165b157ccca5.jpg

wally_done_6.jpg.77c40c0ecd9962f98a4739160702037e.jpg

Wally_done.jpg.9ae2c2aae05b7124efcf77d01c67662c.jpg

Wally goes on his maiden voyage tomorrow to Charlotte for the Auto Fair. Basically he's done, a few things I still need to take care of, but he's usable.

Pete - Congrat's on getting done. Hope you have a good trip! Take some pics and post them, please.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all, there no turning pink. Whoever told you that has no idea about painting. I've been painting for 44 years now. I taught Auto for over 20 years as well. You need to be careful where you get info and what to believe. That is just idiotic.

However, I suggested to paint the white first, not worrying about any taping or exactly where the white ended.. Then come back and tape the white off and spray the red.That is the most logical way. But if the truck was white with a red center, exactly opposite as the one posted, I then would paint the red first. And , then come back with the white last.And . . there would be no pink . .wow.

It was from my dad who been doing body work back in the late 40's, again the paint was a whole lot different back then.

You ever do a 1 coat hot enamel paint job with no reducer then a 50/50 cut mist for the second and last coat? As it cools and dries if flows out like glass without sanding & buffing.

Cant do that with todays paint as it is the wrong type of enamel paint and the heat speeds up hardener if it is added.

Back then it took so much longer for paint to cure, like a hot paint job, that it could bleed colors and why I said that.

Because I don't do this every day when I go into get paint supplies I sometimes get strange looks and have to explain to the young person what I am looking for.

I only have 1 more project to paint and that will be it for body work& painting for me.

Dave ----

I know this is an older post but got a question or 2.

How is the truck doing, did you make it to the show?

Real question what color silver did you use on the bumpers?

Is it from a year / make / model and have a paint code or is it rattle can?

I have decided to paint mine over the chrome wrap I wanted and want to do them in silver over the red or white body colors.

Just looking for a silver that looks good is all.

Thanks

Dave ----

I know this is an older post but got a question or 2.

How is the truck doing, did you make it to the show?

Real question what color silver did you use on the bumpers?

Is it from a year / make / model and have a paint code or is it rattle can?

I have decided to paint mine over the chrome wrap I wanted and want to do them in silver over the red or white body colors.

Just looking for a silver that looks good is all.

Thanks

Dave ----

Wally is running great. I drive him a few times each week, no issues. I still want to add AC . and no under dash will fit. The Ranger has some narrow under dash area, can't be done. So I need to find a 1994 , or older factory unit. The firewall is all the same up until then. And most of it is on the engine side. When I built the truck I added an engine accessories kit, OEM 1983 NOS . .so the compressor mount, pulley, etc is all ready to go.

The silver is Argent. You can get that in spray cans. However, I sprayed it BC/CC. I used gloss clear, so mine is shinier than OEM, but it will also hold up much better. You can also get a 2K clear in a spray can. NAPA has them near me, about $27 a can and it's a one shot deal. But if you have no spray equipment, it's the way to have BC/CC on things. They also have satin clear in 2K cans.

Wally is running great. I drive him a few times each week, no issues. I still want to add AC . and no under dash will fit. The Ranger has some narrow under dash area, can't be done. So I need to find a 1994 , or older factory unit. The firewall is all the same up until then. And most of it is on the engine side. When I built the truck I added an engine accessories kit, OEM 1983 NOS . .so the compressor mount, pulley, etc is all ready to go.

The silver is Argent. You can get that in spray cans. However, I sprayed it BC/CC. I used gloss clear, so mine is shinier than OEM, but it will also hold up much better. You can also get a 2K clear in a spray can. NAPA has them near me, about $27 a can and it's a one shot deal. But if you have no spray equipment, it's the way to have BC/CC on things. They also have satin clear in 2K cans.

Good to hear the truck is doing well.

Yea we need AC down here (NC) and one reason I got the parts truck that had AC but little did I know that the AC and non-AC trucks had different firewalls but nothing a firewall swap could not fix.

The hard part of mine is the compressor brackets for the 300 six. A member on here was vary kind and got me a set but still need other parts.

I get my paint supplies from NAPA so when I stop to get the white paint I will check on that most likely in the BC/CC and shiny also.

Thanks

Dave ----