Bullnose Forums

My "little" project

PetesPonies

I like it! And I especially like the color combo. What year is it?

Thanks guys. It's an '83, first year. It's a 4 spd 2.3. Was a survivor of sorts, no rust to speak of, no accidents. Tons of small dings, but no real hits. Still had original paint, no repaint. But it was rough to look at. Interior was the same, all original, but rough. The blue is 1965 Tropical Turquoise, only year Ford used that exact color. Lots of other "close colors" through the years. The white is Wimbledon.

Thanks guys. It's an '83, first year. It's a 4 spd 2.3. Was a survivor of sorts, no rust to speak of, no accidents. Tons of small dings, but no real hits. Still had original paint, no repaint. But it was rough to look at. Interior was the same, all original, but rough. The blue is 1965 Tropical Turquoise, only year Ford used that exact color. Lots of other "close colors" through the years. The white is Wimbledon.

Very nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

As said nice color combo.

Cant wait to see the bed on it.

How wide is the stripe 1/4"?

Looking to maybe do the same when I paint mine just don't know how wide I want to go yet.

Dave ----

The two stripes are 1/8" each. Use 3m Fineline tape. You cover part of what you painted first, with tape. That creates one stripe. Then space it one tapes width and apply another tape. Pull up the spacing tape and then when you spray, that area will get the new color. Once painting is done, pull up all tape and you have two small stripes. Complicated to explain, easy to do.