Bullnose Forums

Defrost and Sealing the seams?

Pebcak

Gary, if you want me to send you some tape lmk.

I think I have 7 & 9" widths, though 5 (in half) might be better for your purposes.

It is very difficult to work with in that if it touches *at all* you are not going to get it off.

And if it touches *itself* fuggetabotit.

Here's a Gflex video

Gary, if you want me to send you some tape lmk.

I think I have 7 & 9" widths, though 5 (in half) might be better for your purposes.

It is very difficult to work with in that if it touches *at all* you are not going to get it off.

And if it touches *itself* fuggetabotit.

Jim - I'd love to have some of it as I'd use it on Dad's truck when the time comes. But, that means there's no hurry as the time isn't coming any time soon. :nabble_smiley_blush:

West System Gflex epoxy will bond PP and PE plastics together permanently.

Comes in thickened paste and thick syrup forms.

Just follow the prep instructions about sanding the surface clean and oxidizing the bond area with a very quick pass of a propane torch.

Clothespins always worked for me.

You can also use this to bond in the hinge if you like.

Check out their video of cutting a kayak in half with a chainsaw and then the repair.

I'm going to look into this also! So many choices... I've got all the duct out and in the house so I can work on them rain or shine right now.

I was sitting watching my wife ride her horse and a great idea popped in my head.:nabble_smiley_beam: I made hinge out of tie wraps! It's something I had done before when I was in the military and in Iraq and needed to fix a hinge temporarily. It ended up being a permanent fix though.

Here's the door with the hinge broken.

20171007_175234.jpg.f96bd1b18520c9c0348cf9422a6eec46.jpg

I drilled four holes on the vent side making sure I didn't hit anything behind or potentially block something with tie wraps inserted.

20171007_175614.jpg.bf3077a201861e4c3057b567a5ef72c8.jpg

Next was the four holes on the door and inserting the tie wraps. I had to make sure that the hole was big enough for the tie wrap to slide through but still snug and the head to stay in place.

20171007_180452.jpg.4d73cb01385101dca01408b883edaf10.jpg

Slllloooowwwwllllyyy I tightened all of the tie wraps until the door was even on all sides.

20171007_180656.jpg.2c2a350b2003c4c5819f733bce9b57ef.jpg

Lastly I ran a couple tests before clipping the ends.

Here is the video of it all working.

One step closer!!

**Ok, how can I rotate the photos in the post? They rotated somehow when uploaded.**

I was sitting watching my wife ride her horse and a great idea popped in my head.:nabble_smiley_beam: I made hinge out of tie wraps! It's something I had done before when I was in the military and in Iraq and needed to fix a hinge temporarily. It ended up being a permanent fix though.

Here's the door with the hinge broken.

I drilled four holes on the vent side making sure I didn't hit anything behind or potentially block something with tie wraps inserted.

Next was the four holes on the door and inserting the tie wraps. I had to make sure that the hole was big enough for the tie wrap to slide through but still snug and the head to stay in place.

Slllloooowwwwllllyyy I tightened all of the tie wraps until the door was even on all sides.

Lastly I ran a couple tests before clipping the ends.

Here is the video of it all working.

One step closer!!

**Ok, how can I rotate the photos in the post? They rotated somehow when uploaded.**

That is ..... innovative. Interesting. Novel. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for rotating the pics, if you open them in an editing app and then save them it usually fixes them. You may have to play like you cropped it to be able to save it, but most apps have the smarts to see how the camera was held and fix the pic.

As for rotating the pics, if you open them in an editing app and then save them it usually fixes them. You may have to play like you cropped it to be able to save it, but most apps have the smarts to see how the camera was held and fix the pic.

Gary, I found the remnants of a roll of 4" flashing tape.

You could slice this in half and wrap any joint.

IMG_20171008_050028.thumb.jpg.75557a38f298222d8bd49b1d6aaf26a3.jpg

It WILL remain sealed!

I probably have your address, but please pm or email, or text it to me again anyhow.

Thanks

I did rotate it twice and no matter what I rotate it as it still posts the same way. Weird....

Oh well, everyone can lean their head sideways. *Edit* It did the same thing in the Gallery too. *Edit*