Bullnose Forums

Fuel cap for 7.5L only?

It may be for when you are removing it so it can't be blown out by pressure. My front tank would actually dribble fuel in hot weather unless I used it first, the exhaust heat, even with the extra 35" between the exhaust and tank would expand the fuel enough to force it out the cap. The original evaporative system plumbing was a 3/16" line, the 1990 system used a 3/8" line to the dual canisters.

Yes, E7UZ 9030-B is for 80/86 F250/350 - - 8 cyl, 460. (Notice that the MPC implies there was a 460 in years when there wasn't one.)

And I suspect Bill's right - the heat does cause the front tank to build up pressure.

Yes, E7UZ 9030-B is for 80/86 F250/350 - - 8 cyl, 460. (Notice that the MPC implies there was a 460 in years when there wasn't one.)

And I suspect Bill's right - the heat does cause the front tank to build up pressure.

And the U is for Bronco?

460's had no Cats, and therefore no 'unleaded fuel only' warning.

Maybe the filler neck is larger to accommodate the bigger nozzle?

(Ack! I'm dating myself again, aren't I?)

And the U is for Bronco?

460's had no Cats, and therefore no 'unleaded fuel only' warning.

Maybe the filler neck is larger to accommodate the bigger nozzle?

(Ack! I'm dating myself again, aren't I?)

Yes, the "U" is for the Bronco.

Dunno about the neck. Don't see anything specific to the 460, but maybe I'm missing something?

9034-1_1.thumb.jpg.32ba89e173a976587f4a38d5e2372aaf.jpg

Dunno about the neck. Don't see anything specific to the 460, but maybe I'm missing something?

I didn't realize Bronco's came with the 460.

I thought the 460, 6.9 and H.O. were only found in 250-350 trucks.

And that 150's/U got the 300, 302 & 351.

I guess I was very wrong.

Even with the 'U' it will fit the 86 F250 right? Asking because I needed new ones as my gaskets were crumbling so I ordered some last night but cancel still if needed.

I'd briefly mentioned about the 'flapper' on some necks in the filler neck thread but thinking about it, the 3 86 460 trucks I've looked at had large mouths (not the main opening but the one a little further in) and none of them have that flapper. The other trucks (didn't pay attention to the motor but I know they weren't 460's) has the flapper and I think smaller mouths.

The size of the vent was mentioned above and you can see in the ebay photo the large cream colored part in the center of the cap underneath. The other caps I've looked at are all metal there except for something like a 1/8 hole.

Even with the 'U' it will fit the 86 F250 right? Asking because I needed new ones as my gaskets were crumbling so I ordered some last night but cancel still if needed.

I'd briefly mentioned about the 'flapper' on some necks in the filler neck thread but thinking about it, the 3 86 460 trucks I've looked at had large mouths (not the main opening but the one a little further in) and none of them have that flapper. The other trucks (didn't pay attention to the motor but I know they weren't 460's) has the flapper and I think smaller mouths.

The size of the vent was mentioned above and you can see in the ebay photo the large cream colored part in the center of the cap underneath. The other caps I've looked at are all metal there except for something like a 1/8 hole.

U means it was originally designed for the Bronco.

I remember those little restrictor plates in the filler necks very well.

I used to pump gas 10-7 overnight, then get to high school by the 7:20 bell.

• 2 weeks later...

U means it was originally designed for the Bronco.

I remember those little restrictor plates in the filler necks very well.

I used to pump gas 10-7 overnight, then get to high school by the 7:20 bell.

Just to followup, they fit the filler necks for my 86 460 fine although the whole 2 step twist process will get old really fast.

IMG_20190903_150924.thumb.jpg.a0c9fc0a92bd7e6cdc15d6379bd43085.jpg