Bullnose Forums

82-86 grille for trade or sale

have another grille now, too, but the blue oval is faded and cracked on this one. two more headlight bezels available as well as full set of rosewood trim: horn pad, dash & radio bezels, door trim for both sides.

still looking for everything listed

Be very careful when ordering the rear bumper, the D-C one does NOT fit the 80 to 86.

Bolt hole pattern is for up to 1979 and does not line up with ours.

The only place that I could find the correct rear bumper, was "A to Z" in Texas....

Bumper_Gap.thumb.jpg.a0f80b5bfc50ad9bc049e4845d016794.jpg

Be very careful when ordering the rear bumper, the D-C one does NOT fit the 80 to 86.

Bolt hole pattern is for up to 1979 and does not line up with ours.

The only place that I could find the correct rear bumper, was "A to Z" in Texas....

thank you sir!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the "flat" bumper you're referring to?

wheels2.jpeg

They are available aftermarket from a couple sources, but just the chrome bumper part as far as I know. Getting the mounting brackets for them is the hard part. LMC has the bolts for them...carriage bolts with SS caps on them (Same bolts as used in the front bumper as far as I can tell).

I have to order a new bumper for mine, but just haven't gotten to it yet. I have too much junk I'm working on at the moment!

Cory why do you need to replace that bumper as it looks good to me.

Now if you had holes drilled in it to hold a plate and larger ones for the trailer hitch I can see that.

20151219_174522.jpg.555a533c2d51b81d12ece8505d230b7d.jpg

I have a plan for custom touch on mine & the front one also.

As for a stock chrome one I have heard A to Z is the only place that fits our trucks but with out the brackets that no one has or makes, you are stuck with out a rear bumper.

Back at Xmas time by brother said the flare side he got the tail gate and some other parts from had a step bumper. I asked if it hung out the sides like a style side one would? He said no it did not and could not remember if there was a name on it as to who makes it or if it had the factory brackets, not that he would know by looking at either.

I think I heard something about S10 rear bumper might be the right size to work but not tested or know what brackets could be used? Maybe adapt the S10 brackets?

Dave ----

It actually does look good in that picture, but it's rusted out from the inside. From a different angle, you can that it is dimpled bad where the mounting bolts are...this is from the rust on the inside.

IMG_4822cropped.jpg.6eb28103ff9539771cd1fc3336331614.jpg

Most people would probably never know the difference, but I tried to take the bolts out of it so that I could get the brackets sand blasted, and I probably ruined what is left of the bumper...two of the carriage bolts are spinning in it now. I am sure I could have squeezed another season or two out of it, but now that I can't even tighten bolts in it, it's probably not much good.

It actually does look good in that picture, but it's rusted out from the inside. From a different angle, you can that it is dimpled bad where the mounting bolts are...this is from the rust on the inside.

Most people would probably never know the difference, but I tried to take the bolts out of it so that I could get the brackets sand blasted, and I probably ruined what is left of the bumper...two of the carriage bolts are spinning in it now. I am sure I could have squeezed another season or two out of it, but now that I can't even tighten bolts in it, it's probably not much good.

I did see the "dimples" and thought maybe that was why the swap?

I was then going to say pull in off, lay it on say a 2x6 wood plank and use the end of a 2x4 to hammer out the dimples.

If it is not rusted thru I would not scrap it, never know what you may want to use it on.

What if you were to cut the bolts off, hammer out the dimples then with new bolts bolted to the brackets put the bumper up to the bolts and weld them from the face side.

Build up the welds so you can finish them flat and re-chrome the bumper.

It would be a custom free floating bumper like they did back in the day.

No I don't plan on doing that to my bumpers, no not at all :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----