Bullnose Forums

Project 81 F250

Thank you for that info Ford F834! I currently have the original cluster that came with that has the tach and just picked a 6.9 cluster with a tach also. I'll do a little more research on them and see what way I want to go with it.

I went back to pick n pull and got the door panels along with the some of the lock linkages but forgot the locking mechanism and another things on the seat. Hopefully nobody goes and takes them lol Not in the best shape but a little bit of sem paint well get them all cleaned up. I also got the inside of the glove box which is some sort of plastic compared to mine which is cardboard looking like crap so this should last a long longer! Then the last thing i got was the ac/heat controls. the face on mine has seen better days and this one was in way better shape but whoever tried to take it out messed up where the vacum hoses go, so hopefully I can just swap them with mine. 1.jpg.395258e9ea6519b19a7746560aa98bfe.jpg2.jpg.5953a6f5d224b067d5e5622354481329.jpg3.jpg.9b7c4525235bfa16fc1ec37fe598e058.jpg4.jpg.06519a0a61818447388754acb9c06a14.jpg

I went back to pick n pull and got the door panels along with the some of the lock linkages but forgot the locking mechanism and another things on the seat. Hopefully nobody goes and takes them lol Not in the best shape but a little bit of sem paint well get them all cleaned up. I also got the inside of the glove box which is some sort of plastic compared to mine which is cardboard looking like crap so this should last a long longer! Then the last thing i got was the ac/heat controls. the face on mine has seen better days and this one was in way better shape but whoever tried to take it out messed up where the vacum hoses go, so hopefully I can just swap them with mine.

The HVAC control won't be easy to swap, assuming that's an '85 or '86. I don't remember all of the differences, but I think you'll have to go back and get the vacuum lines that connect to it. My memory says the '85/86 ones have a different connector to the HVAC controls and won't work. But if you get the vacuum lines and the associated connector then you can swap it into your truck.

Also, there's something about the switch that's different, if I remember correctly. Maybe Jonathan/Ford F834 will remember?

The HVAC control won't be easy to swap, assuming that's an '85 or '86. I don't remember all of the differences, but I think you'll have to go back and get the vacuum lines that connect to it. My memory says the '85/86 ones have a different connector to the HVAC controls and won't work. But if you get the vacuum lines and the associated connector then you can swap it into your truck.

Also, there's something about the switch that's different, if I remember correctly. Maybe Jonathan/Ford F834 will remember?

The VENT function is in a different location on the 1980/1981 HVAC panel. It is the first function, right after OFF.

The vacuum switch from 1980-82 was one type, the 1983-86 was a different type. When switching HVAC controllers, you need the vacuum tube harness that goes with the controller. The electrical connector also changed from a square plug to a flat plug. If you get the plug for the controller, you can re-pin it with no cutting or splicing. I have pictures in my thread (I put a late HVAC controller in my ‘81).

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-straight-six-manual-4x4-project-td1312i60.html

The last thing you are going to need is the correct cable for the blend door. There are 3. The 1980-82 controllers used one type of cable 1983 controllers used a unique one, and 1984-86 used a third type with a dog leg in the end of the cable. You need to know the year of the HVAC controller and get the right cable to go with it.

The vacuum switch from 1980-82 was one type, the 1983-86 was a different type. When switching HVAC controllers, you need the vacuum tube harness that goes with the controller. The electrical connector also changed from a square plug to a flat plug. If you get the plug for the controller, you can re-pin it with no cutting or splicing. I have pictures in my thread (I put a late HVAC controller in my ‘81).

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-straight-six-manual-4x4-project-td1312i60.html

The last thing you are going to need is the correct cable for the blend door. There are 3. The 1980-82 controllers used one type of cable 1983 controllers used a unique one, and 1984-86 used a third type with a dog leg in the end of the cable. You need to know the year of the HVAC controller and get the right cable to go with it.

Thanks, Jonathan. I knew there were several differences, but had forgotten the cable one. And the year when the changes happened. Well done.

I went back to pick n pull and got the door panels along with the some of the lock linkages but forgot the locking mechanism and another things on the seat. Hopefully nobody goes and takes them lol Not in the best shape but a little bit of sem paint well get them all cleaned up. I also got the inside of the glove box which is some sort of plastic compared to mine which is cardboard looking like crap so this should last a long longer! Then the last thing i got was the ac/heat controls. the face on mine has seen better days and this one was in way better shape but whoever tried to take it out messed up where the vacum hoses go, so hopefully I can just swap them with mine.

jdmfool209 not sure if you're going to have an extra set of the lock / window chrome bezels, but if you do I would be interested in buying them from you!

Thanks everyone for the info on the Hvac switches, I ended up just swaping out the faceplate since mine was all broken and sun faded