Bullnose Forums

T-case vent line breather cap

Johns3524

If you do water crossings you may want to put a nipple in the hole use a rubber hose on the nipple and run it up to a spot on the fire wall and then punt the part in the end.

I would use a cheap fuel filter in the end of the rubber hose.

On some 4x4 trucks the front diff breather was done this way and the hose run up the inner fender well or radiator support.

Dave ----

If you do water crossings you may want to put a nipple in the hole use a rubber hose on the nipple and run it up to a spot on the fire wall and then punt the part in the end.

I would use a cheap fuel filter in the end of the rubber hose.

On some 4x4 trucks the front diff breather was done this way and the hose run up the inner fender well or radiator support.

Dave ----

I finally renewed my t-case line yesterday after replacing a weeping output shaft seal.

C092EF54-D3BC-44AD-8D8E-D539FEF0FF23.jpeg.f9de53d02f1a863b402fc7d08ff0e74e.jpeg

👍

The transfer case breather is supposed to go up and be tied to the shifter. You can see it in the first illustration here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/transfer-cases.html

Great documentation pics Gary, the diagram for the t-case linkage I’ve never seen before, but I haven’t invested in any special parts diagrams either....thanks for the docs. I particularly took note of the SROD notes, which also would apply to the TOD or SMOD use as well. (I’d like to collect that linkage)

My breather line used to be connected to the t-case shift rod (up in the boot actually), but I brought it forward to sync up with the front pumpkin vent. I don’t plan to get in the water that deep but you never know...once you start across, you gotta keep going..

I bought a 6 pack of those vent caps a few years ago when I was lengthening my r/a vent line. It runs up the gas filler tube...again no plan to go that deep but...ha

Great documentation pics Gary, the diagram for the t-case linkage I’ve never seen before, but I haven’t invested in any special parts diagrams either....thanks for the docs. I particularly took note of the SROD notes, which also would apply to the TOD or SMOD use as well. (I’d like to collect that linkage)

My breather line used to be connected to the t-case shift rod (up in the boot actually), but I brought it forward to sync up with the front pumpkin vent. I don’t plan to get in the water that deep but you never know...once you start across, you gotta keep going..

I bought a 6 pack of those vent caps a few years ago when I was lengthening my r/a vent line. It runs up the gas filler tube...again no plan to go that deep but...ha

Yes, the t-case vent goes up in the boot. But if you take it up into the engine compartment and put an end/cap on it so water and dirt can't come it it should be even better.

Should work well. The front pumpkin is higher than originally, and the t-case probably is as well.

Ford used special vent caps for a while, but on many later models, they just used a common pushpin. I use recycled ones that are too damaged to use as pushpins any longer, but they still work well as vent hose caps.