Bullnose Forums

86 XLT Bronco

old55pete

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve - Welcome! Sorry for the late response, but I approved your membership as I was walking out the door to church, and just got home.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I could easily add you to it.

You said on FB that rats ate the wiring harness. What part, or parts, or it? Just the engine harness? If that's the case it shouldn't have to be a harness from a Bronco. I believe that any '85.5 or '86 F-Series truck w/an EFI'd 5.0L would have the same underhood harness.

Do you have information otherwise? I have been known to be wrong - earlier today in fact. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Steve - Welcome! Sorry for the late response, but I approved your membership as I was walking out the door to church, and just got home.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I could easily add you to it.

You said on FB that rats ate the wiring harness. What part, or parts, or it? Just the engine harness? If that's the case it shouldn't have to be a harness from a Bronco. I believe that any '85.5 or '86 F-Series truck w/an EFI'd 5.0L would have the same underhood harness.

Do you have information otherwise? I have been known to be wrong - earlier today in fact. :nabble_smiley_sad:

- deleted -

- deleted -

I'm glad you found that guy. But, I also think a 1985.5 harness would work as well since there were changes mid-year that carried over into 1986. So, don't dismiss an '85 if you find one.

But, you aren't just looking for an engine harness are you? If the rats ate everything 6" past the firewall that would include the main harness since it runs almost from headlight to headlight through the cab.

Welcome old 55ppete!

I feel a little of your pain. Mine didn’t get eaten by rats but a lot of it got melted together or burned up altogether it in an under hood fire.

I have an 86 Ford bronco in my side yard from the junkyard that I’ve been pulling parts from but unfortunately it’s not EFI.

Good luck!

Welcome to the group! I assume you checked the U-Pick-it junkyard in Prescott Valley, but keep looking. They have a fairly brisk turn over rate. Some days there are few Bullnoses, and a month or two later there will be many. The sister store east of Flagstaff is the same way. I used to go to both on a regular basis, but I moved and don’t get to go as often. I will keep an eye out for you though. I am now in Golden Valley between Kingman and Laughlin. I can check the Kingman junkyard but it is not nearly as big as Prescott. You only need one though! 🙂

• 10 months later...

Welcome to the group! I assume you checked the U-Pick-it junkyard in Prescott Valley, but keep looking. They have a fairly brisk turn over rate. Some days there are few Bullnoses, and a month or two later there will be many. The sister store east of Flagstaff is the same way. I used to go to both on a regular basis, but I moved and don’t get to go as often. I will keep an eye out for you though. I am now in Golden Valley between Kingman and Laughlin. I can check the Kingman junkyard but it is not nearly as big as Prescott. You only need one though! 🙂

- deleted -