Bullnose Forums

How do I empty my fuel tank?

Dorsai

I think it's the Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Scorpion or Indian Ghost Pepper, but yeah.

I did come across a news clip from Atlanta saying how much damage is being done to vehicles so I guess it isn't just a northern problem.

Huh. Obviously I have confused two peppers. Well, that's my new learned thing for the day. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Have you considered some hot pepper sauce or other capsaicin product to discourage them?

A quick search revealed a bunch of products including infused sleeving like this one

https://www.zippertubing.com/products/wire-and-cable-bundling/lightweight-jacketing/hook-it-rp

Have a close look to see if the line looks chewed on.

Maybe dust something like baby powder on top of the tank to show tiny mouse tracks.

I know that has helped me track down their means on ingress in houses before.

I started to say that Hook-It® is cool stuff, but with Capsaicin in it maybe it isn't "cool". Anyway, that should do it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I started to say that Hook-It® is cool stuff, but with Capsaicin in it maybe it isn't "cool". Anyway, that should do it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Honda makes a electrical harness tape (4019-2317 ~$36) that is infused with capsaicin.

Be very careful to wear gloves and warn anyone who works on your vehicle not to touch their face or other exposed skin.

Honda makes a electrical harness tape (4019-2317 ~$36) that is infused with capsaicin.

Be very careful to wear gloves and warn anyone who works on your vehicle not to touch their face or other exposed skin.

Well, this has been interesting and helpful.

I've got to remember the baby powder trick!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this has been interesting and helpful.

I've got to remember the baby powder trick!

So...just to close this thread out, my truck is up and running again.

I ended up buying braided steel fuel line to replace the chewed one, I hope the squirrels enjoy trying to get through that. Additionally, the repair included a new fuel pump (my old one was fine but of unknown provenance, so I'm happy to have a new one on there) and a new pickup/sending unit, as well as new nuts and bolts to hold the tank up. As a bonus not only is my gas gauge no longer wonky, but the Spectra unit seems to be more accurate than the OEM unit that was in there; it reads 'E' with about three gallons on board, and just past 'F' when completely full. Previously it would go hard over past 'F' when full, and seemed to hit 'E' at about a half tank.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in on this one, it was much appreciated.

So...just to close this thread out, my truck is up and running again.

I ended up buying braided steel fuel line to replace the chewed one, I hope the squirrels enjoy trying to get through that. Additionally, the repair included a new fuel pump (my old one was fine but of unknown provenance, so I'm happy to have a new one on there) and a new pickup/sending unit, as well as new nuts and bolts to hold the tank up. As a bonus not only is my gas gauge no longer wonky, but the Spectra unit seems to be more accurate than the OEM unit that was in there; it reads 'E' with about three gallons on board, and just past 'F' when completely full. Previously it would go hard over past 'F' when full, and seemed to hit 'E' at about a half tank.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in on this one, it was much appreciated.

That's good progress. Better than new. :nabble_smiley_good: