Bullnose Forums

valve replacement and brands?

reebadoo

i have a ford 400 engine and the heads have been done once before with sealed power valves. the valves are v-2075 and v2075 and i was wondering if the sealed power valves hold up well or if there are any other similar options for valves. and if you are cleaning up the valves and two of the eight are bad would you replace all eight? one out of each head was bad. any advice would be of great assistance! :nabble_anim_working: :nabble_anim_drunk:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many miles since the last valve job was done?

What kind of use does this truck see?

Define "bad".

Are they worn out?

Bent?

Burnt?

How do the seats and guides look?

What springs are you using?

two of the valves are cracked. i will put up a few pictures once i get a chance. but one valve is cracked from the edge in about 1/8th of an inch and the other is maybe 1/16th cracked through from the top to the bottom.

two of the valves are cracked. i will put up a few pictures once i get a chance. but one valve is cracked from the edge in about 1/8th of an inch and the other is maybe 1/16th cracked through from the top to the bottom.

Only time I've ever seen a cracked exhaust valve was from running the engine without any exhaust.

Only time I've ever seen a cracked exhaust valve was from running the engine without any exhaust.

Burned valves are a common problem. It most always happens to the exhaust valve as it only has hot air passing by it for the nano second it is lifted off the seat. It works much harder and hotter, than the intake valve.

I've never seen a cracked valve. Burned ones, frequently. But not cracked.

A "burned valve" is a generic term to mean many things. Typically, its when a piece is missing. That piece that is missing starts as stress cracks. I'm assuming this is what the poster saw, the beginning of a burned valve. The craziest thing I have even come across was a "tulipped" valve. The valve had deformed such that it no longer sealed against the seat. Imagine the shape of a tulip :)

A "burned valve" is a generic term to mean many things. Typically, its when a piece is missing. That piece that is missing starts as stress cracks. I'm assuming this is what the poster saw, the beginning of a burned valve. The craziest thing I have even come across was a "tulipped" valve. The valve had deformed such that it no longer sealed against the seat. Imagine the shape of a tulip :)

Imagine smashing *your* head against the seat 30-40 times a second.

Once a guide starts to get sloppy and the valve does not land concentric they will deform and also get too hot because of the lack of heat sink.