Bullnose Forums

Help identifying the fuel tank

Thanks for measuring! That definitely helps. Ill go out and measure mine and see if we are in the same ballpark. I went ahead and had these straps ordered, not knowing if it'll fit or not, but I haven't paid for them, so we'll get to check it out first. They get here Friday evening.

Welcome to the forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Be mindful that a Bronco II is NOT a full sized (U Series) Bronco.

Also note that the frame rails of a C&C truck are narrower than a pickup in order to fit the standard dump, box, or whatever.. bed, supplied by after market manufacturers and upfitters

I am not sure about a 33gal Bronco tank, but I do know that my 19 gallon rear tank will barely fit between the rails.

It would certainly never fit between the rails of a cab and chassis incomplete vehicle.

Though I assume your tank is ok and you are only looking for the straps to hold it in.

Maybe a truck repair shop would be a better resource than an auto parts store?

Thanks for measuring! That definitely helps. Ill go out and measure mine and see if we are in the same ballpark. I went ahead and had these straps ordered, not knowing if it'll fit or not, but I haven't paid for them, so we'll get to check it out first. They get here Friday evening.

That will be interesting to see how those fit. Is this on the F350? I see the RDW in the picture. The tank looks to be a composite/plastic type. Here is a steel Bronco tank.

IMG_20181205_120403791_HDR.jpg.1aa1ebe08be1b5b3f25fe698ec934d48.jpg

William

Welcome to the forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Be mindful that a Bronco II is NOT a full sized (U Series) Bronco.

Also note that the frame rails of a C&C truck are narrower than a pickup in order to fit the standard dump, box, or whatever.. bed, supplied by after market manufacturers and upfitters

I am not sure about a 33gal Bronco tank, but I do know that my 19 gallon rear tank will barely fit between the rails.

It would certainly never fit between the rails of a cab and chassis incomplete vehicle.

Though I assume your tank is ok and you are only looking for the straps to hold it in.

Maybe a truck repair shop would be a better resource than an auto parts store?

Thanks for the info. If those straps don't end up fitting, we might be doing some DIY metal strap support thing-a-ma-jig. I might go to some truck repair place as well, although I am trying to keep the costs down on this, by doing the work myself.

Yes, it is on a cab/chassis, and it is a DRW truck. We have no clue what size of tank it is in the rear because right now there's a leak in the filler neck, so until I repair that, I won't have a clue of how many gallons the rear tank is.

Maybe home Depot might be my next stop, if those straps I ordered arnt the right size.

Thanks for the info. If those straps don't end up fitting, we might be doing some DIY metal strap support thing-a-ma-jig. I might go to some truck repair place as well, although I am trying to keep the costs down on this, by doing the work myself.

Yes, it is on a cab/chassis, and it is a DRW truck. We have no clue what size of tank it is in the rear because right now there's a leak in the filler neck, so until I repair that, I won't have a clue of how many gallons the rear tank is.

Maybe home Depot might be my next stop, if those straps I ordered arnt the right size.

Adam,

My reply was directed to your first and second sentences of this thread.

These trucks are over 30 years old, and you can't expect some kid at O'Reilly who wasn't born yet to have a clue.

I only meant to suggest that some place that fixes utility or landscape type trucks every day would know exactly where/what straps to get.

Not that you should bring it to the shop *for* repair.

Yeah, I've seen tanks held in with ratchet tie downs, even rope.

You gotta do what you gotta do to get it working.

This is the same reason I suggested looking at a <$10 pigtail (outlined in the TSB) before replacing your alternator for an unknown problem.

Adam,

My reply was directed to your first and second sentences of this thread.

These trucks are over 30 years old, and you can't expect some kid at O'Reilly who wasn't born yet to have a clue.

I only meant to suggest that some place that fixes utility or landscape type trucks every day would know exactly where/what straps to get.

Not that you should bring it to the shop *for* repair.

Yeah, I've seen tanks held in with ratchet tie downs, even rope.

You gotta do what you gotta do to get it working.

This is the same reason I suggested looking at a

I think the plastic tanks are stock for cab and chassis trucks.

If you make a point of saying that, instead of "'86 F-350" you're more likely to find them.

Maybe Gary has access to some documentation specific to C&C trucks?

I can't find anything in the catalog that speaks specifically to fuel tanks cab & chassis trucks. They must have used the F-series tanks.

I can't find anything in the catalog that speaks specifically to fuel tanks cab & chassis trucks. They must have used the F-series tanks.

I really don't think they did.

How would they fit between the narrower frame?

Maybe plastic came later, but I'm sure the F-450 I gutted had plastic tanks front and rear