Bullnose Forums

Brake Line Fasteners

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find some of the fasteners that secure the brakes lines to the frame rails back towards the rear of the vehicle.

I looked here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/fasteners--illustrations.html , but couldn't find what I was looking for, and same for an internet search.

Part of the fastener clips through a small pre-drilled hole(s) in the frame, while the other part clips around the line.

Mine are brittle and when I was cleaning some dried clay off my frame the other weekend, some broke off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Good luck on it, I went through the same thing on Darth, Here is a picture of a couple of the ones I was searching for:

The one with 3 smaller clamps I believe is the one the Ford dealer in Newport News found for me.

You can see the clips and fasteners and their part numbers here on the Overall tab: Driveline/Brakes. But that doesn't mean you can find them. We really need to find a source. Or, start making them via 3D printing?

You can see the clips and fasteners and their part numbers here on the Overall tab: Driveline/Brakes. But that doesn't mean you can find them. We really need to find a source. Or, start making them via 3D printing?

I don't think mine looked like the ones pictured.

IIRC they were flat like with the line indent on the side that went to the frame and the arrow on that same side.

The lines went to the inside of the rail then the clamps went and held lines in place with the arrow thru the hole in the frame.

I also think mine came in 2 & 3 line holders.

I take it you checked with LMC, NPD, and Jeff's grave yard?

Maybe Dorman products has something?

I don't know if any of the older cars use the same type of holders so may want to check that route also.

Dave ----

I don't think mine looked like the ones pictured.

IIRC they were flat like with the line indent on the side that went to the frame and the arrow on that same side.

The lines went to the inside of the rail then the clamps went and held lines in place with the arrow thru the hole in the frame.

I also think mine came in 2 & 3 line holders.

I take it you checked with LMC, NPD, and Jeff's grave yard?

Maybe Dorman products has something?

I don't know if any of the older cars use the same type of holders so may want to check that route also.

Dave ----

Here is what my K-car took, and here is what I was able to find to replace them.

Original:

DSCN3003.jpg.41ad12061cfa8f4f7173189bbb833122.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg.ca3bde3789cbdf7b5a5d88ae42408f03.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg.512a6cfda1795996d942b827ed79cffd.jpg

Here is what my K-car took, and here is what I was able to find to replace them.

That is exactly what I intend to do with mine.

I recently removed all of the factory white plastic ones like pictured above so I could sand/paint my frame.

I'm using the metal/rubber clamps on a single bolt, just like you did.

That is exactly what I intend to do with mine.

I recently removed all of the factory white plastic ones like pictured above so I could sand/paint my frame.

I'm using the metal/rubber clamps on a single bolt, just like you did.

I just used a zip-tie with a head too large to pass through the hole, slipped the end of the zip-tie through the hole, around the line and back through the hole and connected the 2 ends as normal.