Bullnose Forums

Fan shroud 81 F100 300 six

FuzzFace2

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some information on fan shrouds for my 81 F100 with a 300 six and factory AC. This would be a full shroud, non-AC only has a shield on the top to protect you from the fan.

The information I can get so far from LMC truck based off radiator part numbers is 80-84 is one type of radiator, 85-86 (V belt?) & 87-96 (Serp belt?) different type of radiator.

I know the types are 80-84 bottom & top mount like I have, the 85-97 is a side mount.

Now the question on the shroud(s)

I need one for the 80-84 radiator and no one sells them that I can find.

LMC has them for the 87-96 and they list 2 different ones, AT ($30) & MT ($50) and thinking they are for the serp belt setup?

Would anyone have pictures of the 2 different shrouds (top/bottom 80-84 & side 85-86 radiators) and how they mount to the radiator?

Also if someone would have a picture of the 87-96 shroud either type, I know wrong area to ask, that would help.

Depending how different they are I might be able to use one of the later (87-96) side mount radiator shrouds with a little work?

If no pictures but you know how they mount and what is different between them would help.

Thanks

Dave ----

Would any one know what the Ford part number would be for the stock part?

81 F100 with 300 / 4.9 six and factory AC.

The radiator is the 27" wide one.

Thanks

Dave ----

I might still have my original '83 300ci A/C shroud, and I'm currently using a '95 4.9L A/C shroud. I assume they're interchangeable, but I'll try to remember to compare them if I can dig up the '83. I know I still have the radiator:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/978981/thumbnail/radiatori6brass.jpg

I might still have my original '83 300ci A/C shroud, and I'm currently using a '95 4.9L A/C shroud. I assume they're interchangeable, but I'll try to remember to compare them if I can dig up the '83. I know I still have the radiator:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/978981/thumbnail/radiatori6brass.jpg

Steve that would be great and hope you can find & compare as I would like to know.

So what did you have to do to use the 95 shroud on what year truck / radiator?

I have so many notes now I am getting lost :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

I have factory a/c on my 86, and I could take pics of it if its necceassary, but it looks like Gary's parts info gets the job done.

John, Thanks for the offer.

I had another member on the other forum that gave me links to his pictures of 85 truck.

He had to replace the radiator and the old one was a 1 row and the new a 2 row and his shroud did not fit too good but found a good fitting one at the junk yard.

It helped a lot as I got to see how the 2 fit the radiators.

I would like to see how a 80-84 radiator / shroud fit together so I know how mine should be.

Thanks again

Dave ----

Long story, but the shortest answer that will make some sense is: I put a '95 F150's 4.9L into my '83 Bronco.

But after rummaging around my junkpile, it looks like I might have the '83 shroud on the ~'95-ish radiator now. It's too cold to crawl around under the truck tonight to look for mold numbers on that shroud. Maybe if it warms up a little tomorrow...

Long story, but the shortest answer that will make some sense is: I put a '95 F150's 4.9L into my '83 Bronco.

But after rummaging around my junkpile, it looks like I might have the '83 shroud on the ~'95-ish radiator now. It's too cold to crawl around under the truck tonight to look for mold numbers on that shroud. Maybe if it warms up a little tomorrow...

Steve, when ever you can and if you cat that ok also.

Bill the number guy also gave me the ford part number and gave a search and none for my truck are to be had.

My plan now is to see what others have used like you and also look over other ford shrouds close to the same size for the 300 six and make it work.

I can get the sizes from Gary's part number page, then have to cross it over to the years and then the big one if I can get it.

The other thing is I don't want to spend too much for a shroud I may need to cut & glue and not have it work.

I will post what I come up with.

Thanks

Dave ----