Bullnose Forums

460 Saginaw Power Steering Pump with AC

Something has been squealing of late, and this pump isn't new, it's been good for over a decade, since Donny sent it to me.

I'm not sure that sitting (in type F ATF) could possibly gum it up.

It sure as heck was well used when I got it!

Going out this morning: (Sorry if the pic orientation is off. Maybe we should find another forum platform? :nabble_smiley_evil: )

IMG_1678.jpeg.63decf5f800324c3832b28a801d40665.jpeg

IMG_1679.jpeg.64165edbe0caad30f788c6cda9d641a6.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg.a3d4ab4070c6b43cea82c1d478f05016.jpeg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still searching for a pump and brackets. I was able to find a diagram showing the style brackets I'm looking for. I'm still not sure what years this style was used though. I've heard that there were several different styles used from 75-91. Can anyone with a MPC tell me if the compressor mounting bracket on my truck is the same one that the econoline used? I really need to buy a MPC and a CD drive attachment for my laptop.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n18605/Saginaw_mounting_instructions.jpg

If I recall, you also will have to change the lines for the saginaw fit.

I am still searching for a pump and brackets. I was able to find a diagram showing the style brackets I'm looking for. I'm still not sure what years this style was used though. I've heard that there were several different styles used from 75-91. Can anyone with a MPC tell me if the compressor mounting bracket on my truck is the same one that the econoline used? I really need to buy a MPC and a CD drive attachment for my laptop.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n18605/Saginaw_mounting_instructions.jpg

If I recall, you also will have to change the lines for the saginaw fit.

Just use the van line and twist it around to fit the truck sector box.

It's not difficult, even without a proper bender.

Look above!

Something has been squealing of late, and this pump isn't new, it's been good for over a decade, since Donny sent it to me.

I'm not sure that sitting (in type F ATF) could possibly gum it up.

It sure as heck was well used when I got it!

Interestingly it came off a U-haul van in Pete's (Donnie's) yard.

Welcome! I was just looking for a good home and I found it. You even have the puller ready. :nabble_anim_claps:

The puller was $9.95 closeout at Horrid Fate! 👍

(My real tool boxes remain in Wilton....). 😖🙄

I even have 2 quarts of type-F!!!

The puller was $9.95 closeout at Horrid Fate! 👍

(My real tool boxes remain in Wilton....). 😖🙄

I even have 2 quarts of type-F!!!

I hope it goes together perfectly. And that you are getting started before the heat sets in.