Bullnose Forums

Do You Like The New Navigation Menu?

Gary Lewis
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gary, I am using iPhone 7 plus and Safari. Here is what I see when I go to edit my last post and scroll down (pulls down the menu bar).

It looks like you are in landscape mode, when you're in portrait, you should see more of the entry field as your keyboard will take up less space.

It's a step in the right direction, but I think the button should be at the far left corner so all (or most of) the menu options can fit from left to right. Also, instead of the subsequent options popping up underneath the first navigation bar, they should be drop downs, kind of like the previous one was. Just my input.

I should update my post to say that on mobile, the menu is perfect. Using Android 7.1 with Firefox.

If I select the evtm it still pushes some text off the bottom of the page.

Also, perhaps it could have a little more opacity.

Jim - Good catch. But first, I've moved your comment from WHYDTYTT to Do You Like The New Navigation Menu? I did that to keep all the comments together - hope that's ok. Oh, and I changed the Subject so the emails will show correctly.

And, on the menu I reduced the character sizing from 15 to 11, which finally got everything for the 1986 EVTM on the page - on most of my devices. This Windows machine shows it all, and my iPhone allows scrolling. But on my iPad in portrait mode I don't get all of the words/selections. However, if you turn it landscape you do see it all.

So, how 'bout your 'Droid?

On the opacity, let me make sure I understand - do you want the characters less black. In order to test just a bit I have the first menu's style set to "Bold", and the sub-menu's style set to "Normal". Beyond that I don't have many controls with this theme.

It looks like you are in landscape mode, when you're in portrait, you should see more of the entry field as your keyboard will take up less space.

Yes, that is in landscape mode. Unfortunately portrait mode is worse, about half of the screen is cut off. You really can't do anything unless it's in landscape orientation.

Yes, that is in landscape mode. Unfortunately portrait mode is worse, about half of the screen is cut off. You really can't do anything unless it's in landscape orientation.

Try Firefox, maybe it renders better. Mine looks pretty good in portrait. It's a 5.5" screen. You might also be able to reduce the size of your keyboard. I also use SwiftKey keyboard which is also available for iOS and it's very customizeable.